Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indenting Text Quotes?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm working on a project, and they would like the first paragraph of a single text quote left un-indented, but the second paragraph to have "normal" indentation.

I haven't been able to find a way to do this, as changing indentations with the ruler/other workarounds seem to only affect the top/first paragraph in the quote.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alex:

You will need two paragraph tags to accomplish this: one for the first paragraph of the quote, and a second paragraph tag for the second and subsequent paragraphs of the quote. Each paragraph will need to have a ¶ at the end.

If you need help defining the indents themselves let us know. What often confuses new Fm users is that while a Right indent value impacts the entire right side of a paragraph, First only impacts the first line of the paragraph, while Left only impacts the second and subsequent lines of the paragraph. To set a traditional quote where the entire left side is indented, you need to change both First and Left to the same value.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines