• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configuration Error 16 - Adobe CC 2018 with CC for Teams membership

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble running Adobe CC Applications due to the below error. Unsure what changed besides an update to CC 4.5.0.331 & possibly me uninstalling & reinstalling the software. This is happening with at least Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator (though I've got a different problem with that one, where no error message is shown at all..):

Interestingly I also get the below at the same time, I presume this is the error logger trying to do it's thing? Strange as I'm on an account with Local Administrator privileges (corporate environment):

I've tried:

1. Setting the permissions / folder attributes (grant Full Control to Everyone, Users & Local Administrators, along with unsetting Read-Only & Apply to all Subfolders) on both SLStore and Adobe PCD folders).
  2. Uninstalling & Reinstalling the apps through the Adobe CC Panel, & running as Administrator.
  3. Uninstalling all apps, then uninstalling the Adobe CC Panel, using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to scrub it clean, deleting all Adobe folders in Program Files, Program Files (x86), ProgramData, ProgramFiles/CommonFiles, ProgramFiles (X86)/Common Files, C:\Users\[Me]\AppData\ directories, and [NetworkDrive]\[Me]\Settings\AppData (Where %AppData% points to, on our corporate machines), then reinstalling.
  4. Signing out of Creative Cloud & Exiting, Removing C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore, creating an empty SLStore folder, & signing back in.

Still no joy. It used to work alright, but has since just stopped.

I'm using Windows 10 x64 v1703, Adobe CC 4.5.0.331, Sophos Endpoint Security & Control v10.8 (I can't configure this, locked by corporate).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Moving this discussion to the Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS forum.

BobT366, thanks for the update.  I would recommend that you schedule a session with a Creative Cloud for Teams deployment Expert.  They can work with your organization directly to make sure that you have proper rights to run Adobe CC applications.  Expert Service sessions are included as part of your organizations Creative Cloud for Team membership.  You can find details on how to schedule an Expert Serv

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Err I appreciate the response, but I'm not sure how that helps. Both posts in that thread just refer to: Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud

As you can see in my images and what I've written, I've already done that...

Is there some log or something which may provide some clarity on what it's actually complaining about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BobT366, sorry that you continue to face Error 16.  As discussed in Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud this error occurs when the current User account does not have the required access to SLStore and AdobePCD folders.  If you are continuing to receive the error, then the current account does not have the necessary access.

You mentioned this computer is in a corporate environment and that you are logged in under a local administrator account.  Since you are unable to resolve the error with the current account, please work with the department which manages the computer to see if they can launch Adobe applications without encountering Error 16.  If successful then they will need to give the account you are using additional access.  If unsuccessful then there may be other restrictions in place that prevent the modification of the SLStore and AdobePCD folder.

BobT366, does your organization have a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership?  Or are you attempting to use an individual Creative Cloud license in a restricted environment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I absolutely do have the required permissions for that folder. As seen in the screenshots I even set "Everyone" to full control (and applied permissions to all sub-folders / files). I can also create and delete files from both of those directories just fine.

I've had one of the systems administrators use his account and unfortunately we encountered the same error. We even uninstalled the apps, CC itself, and ran the cleaner tool before reinstalling it all from scratch under his login. Same error encountered. Other users however do not encounter (this) issue so it seems to be relevant to this machine. Anti-Virus (Sophos) and the rest is all standard across them.

There must be something else that's missing somewhere or some leftover from a previous install that the CC Cleaner tool is missing. I presume something in one of the logs may help, but there's so many I'm unsure which to check.

It says Creative Cloud for Teams on my Adobe account page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS forum.

BobT366, thanks for the update.  I would recommend that you schedule a session with a Creative Cloud for Teams deployment Expert.  They can work with your organization directly to make sure that you have proper rights to run Adobe CC applications.  Expert Service sessions are included as part of your organizations Creative Cloud for Team membership.  You can find details on how to schedule an Expert Services session at Creative Cloud for teams .

If you do not have the ability to schedule a session then please work with your Creative Cloud for Team plan admin.  They can either designate you as a support contact or schedule an Expert Service session for you and the department that manages the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright, thank-you very much! I'll create a support session and link them to the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines