Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Mac] Adobe fails to create Mail document

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently using a Adobe Acrobat ver. 2018.011 on macOS High Sierra with Outlook as my default mail application. Whenever I open a PDF from online [without saving it to my machine first] and try to send it as a mail attachment, I get the following error.

three adobe error.PNG

I used to be able to send off an attachment without any issues. The only workaround I have found is to save the file first, then send as a mail attachment, which becomes tedious when I have to do this multiple times a day. I have already checked for updates Adobe and have confirmed I'm up to date. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Czetroc,

Based on the issue description mentioned above, you are unable to send pdfs as an attachment using outlook, is that correct?

Please try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document:

Attach to email option is not working | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC

Also, check if an update is available for Reader using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Also, let us know dot version of Reader and Mac version installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Adorobat,

I have tried the steps in the document provided but it seems like the steps are for a Windows environment. The end user I'm working with is on a Mac environment which makes it a little more difficult. The only solution the user has found is to save the .pdf file > re-open file > Attach and Send.

Before the user was able to open a PDF from the internet and Attach and Send.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Czetroc,

Could you try the troubleshooting steps given by Barbara Adams in the following thread: Error when using Outlook as default mail application in Acrobat DC (Sign and Send PDFs)

Also, check if an update is available for Reader using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines