3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2018 3:05 AM by WobertC

External Editing not available in Lightroom CC on MacBook

surendras

I recently installed Lightroom CC on my MacBook and also installed NIK Filters. I do not see my NIK Filters as an External editor in Lightroom. Adobe says I need to change settings using EXTERNAL EDITING in Preferences, BUT I do not see EXTERNAL EDITING in Preferences. Very frustrated! Need Help

• 1. Re: External Editing not available in Lightroom CC on MacBook
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Let's be clear. Are you referring to Lightroom CC, or Lightroom Classic CC? What exact version number are you referring to? If you're talking about Lightroom CC (the cloud-based version) there isn't anything about external editors in the preferences. The only external editor available is Photoshop. As far as I know, there isn't a way to integrate the Nik plug-ins with the cloud version of Lightroom CC.

• 2. Re: External Editing not available in Lightroom CC on MacBook
            surendras Level 1

Hi:

I am using LIGHTROOM CC Ver 1.4 on my MacBook Pro not the cloud version of CC

• 3. Re: External Editing not available in Lightroom CC on MacBook
              WobertC Adobe Community Professional

Edit: I just reviewed your answer-

"I am using LIGHTROOM CC Ver 1.4 on my MacBook Pro not the cloud version of CC"

LIGHTROOM CC Ver 1.4 - IS THE CLOUD VERSION.!!

Lightroom CLASSIC-CC v7.4 is the DESKTOP version.

So still unsure what you have on your MacBook..

Anyway-

As Jim states- there are no "additional external editors" available in Lightroom-CC v1.4.

BUT- a work-around-

1. From the Right-click menu: Save the photo as a JPG (with Lightroom edits) to a folder on the hard-drive,

2. Open the folder with Finder

3. Select the saved photo

4. Open it with a NIK program. eg. Silver Efex Pro.

Most of the NIK programs can be used as "Stand-Alone" photo editors, so if you can find them in your Applications folder, you can make them available on the Mac dock and use with any photo saved to the hard-drive.

I just tested with NIK Silver Efex on my Windows-Laptop. Works OK.

Syncing the new 'NIK' edited photo to the cloud I am not sure about-

1 person found this helpful