Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem in MSM rollout to country site

Level 2

HI All,

I am facing an issue on one of the qa envs.

All of a sudden page rollouts from blueprint (framework/en) to live copy (usa/en) are not happening properly.

The rollout completes successfully , the page timestamp is modified but the actual node content is not reflected on target live copy.

After going through msm logs I see that for content nodes rollout was not attempted because "a precondition was not met".

Any thoughts ?

Here I am pasting a lines from log :

com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.RolloutManagerImpl Deep roll-out for resource /content/myCompany/framework/de/admin/global-seo-labels [m [K/jcr:content/label-canonical-title-prefix-fragment

[01;31m [K03.07.2018 11:12:03.369 *DEBUG* [Thread-1321] com.day.cq.wcm.msm.commons.BaseAction GhostCleanUpHandler did not act on request to roll-out /content/myCompany/framework/de/admin/global-seo-labels/jcr:content/label-canonical-title-suffix-fragment to /content/myCompany/deu/de/admin/global-seo-labels [m [K/jcr:content/label-canonical-title-suffix-fragment: precondition was not met

[01;31m [K03.07.2018 11:12:03.369 *DEBUG* [Thread-1321] com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.RolloutManagerImpl Apply RolloutConfig /etc/msm/rolloutconfigs/activate from /content/myCompany/framework/de/admin/global-seo-labels/jcr:content/label-canonical-title-suffix-fragment to /content/myCompany/deu/de/admin/global-seo-labels [m [K/jcr:content/label-canonical-title-suffix-fragment

[01;31m [K03.07.2018 11:12:03.369 *DEBUG* [Thread-1321] com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.RolloutContextImpl Roll-out on /content/myCompany/deu/de/admin/global-seo-labels [m [K/jcr:content/label-canonical-title-suffix-fragment with ROLLOUT

[01;31m [K03.07.2018 11:12:03.369 *DEBUG* [Thread-1321] com.day.cq.wcm.msm.commons.BaseAction TargetActivateAction did not act on request to roll-out /content/myCompany/framework/de/admin/global-seo-labels/jcr:content/label-canonical-title-suffix-fragment to /content/myCompany/deu/de/admin/global-seo-labels [m [K/jcr:content/label-canonical-title-suffix-fragment: precondition was not met

[01;31m [K03.07.2018 11:12:03.370 *DEBUG* [Thread-1321] com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.RolloutManagerImpl Deep roll-out for resource /content/myCompany/framework/de/admin/global-seo-labels [m [K/jcr:content/label-canonical-title-suffix-fragment

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

You can check BaseAction ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.") .

Base action class uses a handles() function to check the following parameters:-

* @param source The Resource to roll-out.

* @param target The Resource to receive the modification.

* @param relation LiveRelationship between the two given Resources

* @param resetRollout True if the rollout is run in reset mode

It returns a boolean flag indicating if this action should go ahead with the execution. if false no action will be performed.

So, one of these parameters are not in the expected format/null

Level 2

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. Do you have any solution for this.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Level 2

Hey,

Did you find out the solution for this. We are also facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Level 10

They talk about roll outs in detail on this ask the aem community experts. ATACE Multi-site Management 013018

Level 2

Thanks a ton scott. Piece of information in the video helped me to resolve this issue.

Level 10

This is the exact reason why we run the Ask the AEM COmmunity Experts program. For a full view of all sessions (for future reference) - see :

AEM Ask the AEM Community Expert

I am glad it was solved.