2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2018 7:33 PM by rodneyb56060189

Trimming a clip with more precision

nicholast60166517

Please help!

I'm trying to trim my clip to it's perfectly on the downbeat of a song. You can see in the image below I want it cut where the blue line is. But it wont allow me to cut it there. It only allows at spacing of 1 second. This was very easy to do with final cut. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 5.06.50 PM.png

• 1. Re: Trimming a clip with more precision
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your timeline is set to Audio Units which means the audio can be trimmed to 1/48000 of a second.

Video can only be trimmed in frames even when the timeline is set to audio units.

So if the playhead is not set to a whole frame you cannot cut it.

Best is to trim/move the music to the video then the other way around.

• 2. Re: Trimming a clip with more precision
            rodneyb56060189 Level 4

If you just want to make a cut to start video on one down beat, I think Ann's suggestion is best. If you want to repeat cutting over length of video on a downbeat, then you won't be able to keep moving the audio around, or cutting part of audio.

In other words, if overall 'pace' of the video is going to be timed cuts having to do with the full music track downbeat etc. then maybe you should check out how to cut out frames instead.

If you shot as 24 FPS then you would have some ability to get pretty close to that downbeat and keep pace of music maybe.

??