0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2008 10:11 AM by MasterChief2008

How to debug Flash Remoting for Java Objects running on JBOSS

MasterChief2008
      I am trying to get a HelloWorld type of app running and am stuck after numerous tries.
      My Goal is to be able to hookup a Flex Control to data returned from a Java Object hosted in JBOSS.
      I found that BlazeDS would enable me to do that.

My setup: Eclipse 3.3, BlazeDS, JBOSS app. I did not install Flexbuilder as BlazeDS is purported to be open source.I have installed Debug version of Flash Player.

After tinkering with the config files for a few hours and trolling a lot of web sites, I was able to make the page hit my remote Java Object. So I thought I was able to validate remoting. But the last piece is still missing - getting the return values back.

I have been unable to find any documentation which indicates what kind of setup is needed to hookup values to mx:controls.
      I tried a DataGrid and hooked it up to a API which returns a list of VOs. DId not work.
      I tried a HTMLText control and wired it to a property of a VO . DId not work.

The code is being hit on the server side. but nothing is showing up in the browser.
      I need a way to debug this on the client to see what is returned.

or if someone knows what is the expectation on the client side for remoting, that will help too.
      ---------
      I am enclosing my MXML file for reference below.
      ---------
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <mx:Application xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" backgroundColor="#FFFFFF">
      <mx:Script>
      <![CDATA[

import mx.controls.Alert;
      ]]>
      </mx:Script>

<mx:RemoteObject id="srv" destination="product" endpoint="/messagebroker/amf?id=AjaxBean" fault="Alert.show(event.fault.message,'Error')">

</mx:RemoteObject>

<mx:DataGrid dataProvider="{srv.getAccountsList.lastResult}" width="50%" height="50%">
      <mx:columns>
      <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="AccountId"/>
      <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="AcctNickname"/>
      <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="AcctNumber"/>
      <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="AcctType"/>
      <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="LastSuccessfulDate"/>
      <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="AcctBal"/>
      </mx:columns>
      </mx:DataGrid>

<mx:Panel title="RemoteObject Example" height="75%" width="75%"
      paddingTop="10" paddingBottom="10" paddingLeft="10" paddingRight="10">

<mx:Text htmlText="TextField:{srv.GetCurAccount.lastResult.AcctNickname}"/>
      <mx:Button label="Get Cur Account" click="srv.GetCurAccount.send()"/>

</mx:Panel>
      <mx:Button label="Get Data" click="srv.getAccountsList()"/>

</mx:Application>