• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting a CH head to a Duik marker expressions rig.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I like the precision and control of using marker expressions on a Duik rigged body, the actions and poses are quickly reusable once I've keyframed them. I also like the performative head and mouth animation of CH and am trying to combine the two. I export my CH head talking and import it into my AE duik project. My challenge is coming up with the right transformation expressions to properly parent the CH head to the duik head in my duik precomp. It has to be a precomp as I'm using marker expressions with actions/poses. Has anyone found a reliable workflow and expressions for this? I've attached a screenshot of what I'm doing.

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 8.21.48 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

Have you found the best way to this kind of workflow? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to use both ChA and DUIK. I like how ChA moves the entire body of my character. Since I don't need to move my character (it stays in the same place) and just move it's hips, ChA works great for this. The problem is with the hands. My character needs to clap, and ChA is not advanced enough to make it realistic and synched to music. So I want to clap in AE using DUIK. So I just need to attach the arms to the whole body... I made markers on my character shoulders and then motion tracked them in AE. Works ok, when the arms don't move. But when they start, they're not well glued to the body.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines