3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2018 12:02 PM by twaritar3263062

Licence a picture for a client - How to?

NangaParbat Level 1

Hello,

I want to create a website for a customer and publish there a photo from Adobe Stock. And I want to buy the licence with my own Stock-Account.

In the FAQ´s, Adobe describes that this is possible:Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Unbenannt.JPG

But how is this possible? Adobe nowhere describes how to do this? I cannot find any option button? I can only licence and download photos. But where do I have to declare, for which project/customer I want to use the photo?

Thanks a lot for help!

Best regards!

• 1. Re: Licence a picture for a client - How to?
          twaritar3263062 Adobe Employee

Hi Heinrich,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

You do not need to declare, for which project/customer you want to use the Adobe Stock image. However, please make sure that if you are using the same asset for different clients, the asset should be licensed separately so that it is legitimate.

For more information on the usage of Adobe Stock images for client use, please see https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Additional_T erms_en_US_20180605_2200.pdf (Section 3.4 a)

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Licence a picture for a client - How to?
            NangaParbat Level 1

Hi Twarita,

ok thank`s a lot for your information.

I am used to the common practice (e.g. when licensing audio tracks) to receive a kind of "licence document" which says:

Person xy is allowed to use track xy for xy purpose

So is a similar document for adobe stock media available?
            I just think about, how to prove, that the photo was really licensed. I mean I can see in my account overview, that I have licensed it. But how can I show my customer that he has really the right to use it?

Would be thankful for an answer!

Best regards!

• 3. Re: Licence a picture for a client - How to?
              twaritar3263062 Adobe Employee

Heinrich,

In the license history, you get the details of all the images you have licensed along with their file IDs, dates and the license type. For standard assets of Adobe Stock, this is the only way to get the details about the files.

If you are licensing any premium asset you get an invoice individually with every asset you purchase.

If the asset is to be used by your client, I would suggest you to have the license transferred to your client in order to prevent confusion wherein the client needs to sign a written statement indicating that they will follow the stipulation in the Stock licensing Term.

Regards,

Twarita

1 person found this helpful