This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
> How do I protect my SWF files from being downloaded/stolen?
SWFs, by nature, get downloaded. They're no different from GIFs or
your browser makes an HTTP request for them, then downloads them to the
user's hard drive (Internet cache, aka temporary Internet files). That's
just how it works.
As soon as your website visitor sees your SWF, that user is seeing the
SWF on his or her own hard drive.
Adobe Community Expert
Dev blog, http://www.quip.net/blog/
"Luck is the residue of good design."
On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 03:15:09 +0000 (UTC), "sethpn"
>How do I protect my SWF files from being downloaded/stolen?
You can't prevent SWF's from stealing, but you can create a situation,
when stolen SWF will not work as it should. This is the only general
method, used by every commercial Flash project, though particular
implementation is different for each project.
What is a good method of protection that is used by commercial Flash projects?
I’ve used this tool to protect my flash video (flv) and swf animations on my e-learning website from decompilation and illegal distributions.
Flash OwnerGuard is the ultimate DRM , Security, Copy Protectiion, Licensing and Distribution Management solution for Adobe Flash SWF and FLV Video Files.
Flash OwnerGuard provides a brand new DRM technology called Inline DRM which allows the protected files to be accessible within any container including Your Website and Web Navigators ( Internet Explorer, AOL Explorer ) , Office Documents, PDF Documents, Flash Player Programs or even Your Own Applications.
With Flash OwnerGuard you can :
* Lock your Flash SWF and FLV video files to specific computer(s).
* Define High Security Expiration Dates or Working Times for your drm protected Flash SWF and FLV video files.
* Use full features of Adobe Flash Player for your drm protected Flash SWF and FLV video files.
* Control and apply all required limitations for your users using a very small user side DRM manager ( OwnerGuard License Manager ).
* Minimize your users DRM hassles by letting them access your DRM protected Flash SWF , FLV files offline.
* Distribute and Sell your Flash Files easily while you’ve got full control over them.