• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using AS images to illustrate a book

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use AS images for a book that would be sold commercially.  The images would support the content of the book rather than being the primary focus (like images in a textbook).  I've read through the contract information regarding licensing and it is a bit unclear to me.  I have also read through a thread from 2016 which I feel answers my question; however, as it is 2 years later would like to re-verify the answer in the event something has changed.

From what I understand, AS images can be used in a book under the standard licensing agreement as long as printed copies of the book do not exceed 500,000 copies.  If I wanted rights to print unlimited copies I would have to purchase an extended license or purchase another standard license if printed copies exceeded 500,000.

Thanks for you time in answering my question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Hi Michele,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

Yes, the Adobe Stock images can be used in a book under the standard licensing agreement as long as printed copies of the book do not exceed 500,000 copies.

However, if you wanted rights to print unlimited copies you would have to purchase an enhanced license.

Also, if you want the asset to be featured in merchandise or for resale purpose, you need an Extended license.

For more information, please see Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michele,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

Yes, the Adobe Stock images can be used in a book under the standard licensing agreement as long as printed copies of the book do not exceed 500,000 copies.

However, if you wanted rights to print unlimited copies you would have to purchase an enhanced license.

Also, if you want the asset to be featured in merchandise or for resale purpose, you need an Extended license.

For more information, please see Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock? https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Hope this information helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Twarita, for verifying this information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Twarita,

Would eBooks also be included in the 500,000 limit?

How about some eBooks and some print?

Thanks, Lehani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lehani,

Yes, eBooks should be considered like "printed" copies. If you have combined print+eBook, as is probably nowadays always the case, add the numbers and look at the total. When you have sold more than 500k copies of your book, you can probably afford an extended license (at that moment).

Regards,

Abambo.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Do I need to credit the artist in the book. If all images from Adobe stock have been altered can I now refer to myself as illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started