5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2008 12:36 PM by Cpt.Haddock

New Director...works on leopard too!!

sviswa
      Just downloaded the trial version of Adobe Director 11 and installed on my macTel 10.4 and worked fine! BTW, I tried it on leopard (10.5) and no issues on installation and things are working...I thought Adobe claimed Director won't be supported on leopard! Still going good with leopard... will update more later....
        • 1. Re: New Director...works on leopard too!!
          Cpt.Haddock Level 1
          This is good news!
          So what is the Adobe claim for no support on Leopard, there must be something? have you created a projector yet?
          • 2. Re: New Director...works on leopard too!!
            sviswa Level 1
            I couldn't create projector though...but this is a limitation with the trial version...
            • 3. Re: New Director...works on leopard too!!
              edb00
              I'm able to run D11 on Intel Mac with 10.5.2 BUT MIAW's run slowly. And sometimes field cast members don't display their text. May have something to do with which encoding is selected when converting an old project.

AND when publishing it makes 600 MB apps for both Mac and Windows for what used to be 17 MB

D11 runs on my G5 with Mac OSX 10.4.11 -- wasn't supposed to ??

32 bit graphics however display with aliasing in some parts.

Publishing yields apps of appropriate size but still have the color problems.

Unfortunately I don't have an Intel Mac running Mac OSX 10.4

EDB
              • 4. Re: New Director...works on leopard too!!
                edb00 Level 1
                I'm able to run D11 on Intel Mac with 10.5.2 BUT MIAW's run slowly. And sometimes field cast members don't display their text. May have something to do with which encoding is selected when converting an old project.

AND when publishing it makes 600 MB apps for both Mac and Windows for what used to be 17 MB

D11 runs on my G5 with Mac OSX 10.4.11 -- wasn't supposed to ??

32 bit graphics however display with aliasing in some parts.

Publishing yields apps of appropriate size but still have the color problems.

Unfortunately I don't have an Intel Mac running Mac OSX 10.4

EDB
                • 5. Re: New Director...works on leopard too!!
                  Cpt.Haddock Level 1
                  So the Intel with Leopard ( not supported) creates files that are bloated but otherwise Ok. and The G5 with Tiger ( not supported ) creates files Ok but with display errors. We still need to find the illusive Intel Tiger and full D11 user ( do they exist ) so we can check out the only officially supported Mac configuration that can author.
                  I'll wait and see..
                  sviswa's news is encouraging though.