• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does * next to a keyword mean?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a keyword that has a * next to it and I don't know what it means. I tried looking online and I couldn't find anything. Any idea as to what the significance of it is?

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 11.12.42 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

The * next to a keyword in the Keyword List means you have it set  to "Put New Person Keywords Inside this Keyword".  Right click the keyword and uncheck this item and the * will disappear.   A big DOT means you have the "Put New Keywords Inside this keyword" checked.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 12.01.33 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means that you have more than one image selected, and some of the images have this keyword, but not all.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure this is what it means unfortunately. In Lightroom I normally get an underscore in front of a keyword to denote the keyword is only applied to some of the selected images and a checkmark to show that it is applied to all selected images. Like this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 1.27.00 PM.png

The * appears after this keyword even if I don't have any images selected. I've checked to make sure the * isn't in the actual keyword tag and it isn't.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 1.33.56 PM.png

I'm just trying to figure out what it means because I'm curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The * next to a keyword in the Keyword List means you have it set  to "Put New Person Keywords Inside this Keyword".  Right click the keyword and uncheck this item and the * will disappear.   A big DOT means you have the "Put New Keywords Inside this keyword" checked.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 12.01.33 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's it! Thanks for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines