Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Squash and Stretch Free on mac 10.13.5

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
I'm trying to install Squash and Stretch Free and Sprite-O-Matic on My exchange.

It says both are installed, but when I open AE neither is installed. I tried to install them manually with ZPXinstaller and Anastasiy's Extension Manager and both failed. I work on last version of CC on mac 10.13.5

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Hello Qristian,

For Sprite-O-Matic you need to follow below steps:

The ZIP(spriteomatic.zip) will appear in your local Downloads folder on C drive. Unzip the file.

Copy/Move the script file (Sprite-O-Matic.jsx) to your After Effects ”ScriptUI Panels” folder.

PATH: /Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels

Once installed, you will be able to run this script from the WINDOW menu in After Effects.

Compatibility: This product is only compatible with After Effects CC (2017) 14.0

For Squash and St

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Qristian,

For Sprite-O-Matic you need to follow below steps:

The ZIP(spriteomatic.zip) will appear in your local Downloads folder on C drive. Unzip the file.

Copy/Move the script file (Sprite-O-Matic.jsx) to your After Effects ”ScriptUI Panels” folder.

PATH: /Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels

Once installed, you will be able to run this script from the WINDOW menu in After Effects.

Compatibility: This product is only compatible with After Effects CC (2017) 14.0

For Squash and Stretch Free it should automatically appear in Windows> Extension, once you install the add-on via the creative cloud on.

Request you to kindly try to follow steps:-

1.      Please reopen the CC Desktop App, then please can you log into https://creative.adobe.com/addons/my_addons.

2.      Then click on ‘Remove’, then ‘Install’. Please wait a few moments, then wait for the pop up in the CC Desktop App, and confirm if it states that installation was successful, or failed?

3.      If it failed, please provide us with the exact error message and its screenshot.

4.      If it says successful, please read the ‘Where to Find it’ tab on the add-on homepage (link above) which will tell you where you can find the product after it has been installed.

5.      Restart the After Effects.

6.      Also please make sure that file sync is on in CC app and you have logged in with the same adobe id (from which the add-on was purchased) in CC desktop app and https://creative.adobe.com/addons/my_addons.

Hope this will help. If you still face the issue in any of the above extensions please contact us asupport@adobe.com

Regards,

Ankita Maan

Adobe Exchange Vetting Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ankita, but I followed every step regarding the Squash & Stretch Extension but it didn't work. When I reinstall, it seems to be successful but I never get any message from CC App nor get the extension installed on AE.  I'll write an email at asupport@adobe.com then.

Edit: the solution for the Sprite plugin worked, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Qristian,

It is great that the solution for Sprite worked. Please contact our support team for other plugin issue and our team will help you.

Regards,

Ankita Maan

Adobe Exchange Vetting Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Qristian,

I have the same issue with Squash and Stretch Pro. Purshased a few days ago, waste 2 days trying to use it but I have only a white empty extension panel (nothing...). Please let me know if you finally fixed it and how.

Thank you

Best regards

TatieKimby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I just quit trying after wasting even more time. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all issues with Squash & Stretch, please open a support ticket here

https://aescripts.com/contact/

We help you fast - usually replies within at least 24 hours.

In general, please make sure to install Squash & Stretch with this installer

https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/

It uses the ZXP installer from Adobe in the background, but also includes many workarounds it applies automatically in the few cases where the Adobe installer fails.

If installation with our ZXP installer does not solve the issue,  need some more infos to figure out what is going wrong on your system, I. Ideally, I need to see the debug output that you get as follows.

1) start Squash & Stretch (either Pro or Free, such that the empty panel shows up)

2) open a Chrome webbrowser (works with no other webbrowser) and open the URL http://localhost:7777/

3) in the page that opens, click on “mainPanel.html”

s_s_show_debugger_logs_step_1.png

4) in the page that opens, click on the tab “Console”

s_s_show_debugger_logs_step_2.png

5) make a screenshot of the console

s_s_show_debugger_logs_step_3.png

In your case, the console will most likely contain some error messages. Please open a support ticket and attach the screenshot of the console with the error messages. The more details we know, the quicker and better we are able to help.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Sorry for my previous old post I should not had wasting time to try to solve the issue by myself because by opening a support ticket and providing  data as described on Mathias previous message, this was fixed  in the 24 hours...

For information, I am on Windows10, the log files are available in: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp

Extension is ".log" and the file name contains "squashandstresh".  Each time I was running S&S, nothing was apparently happenning, but a log file was automatically generated with an error code specific to the issue, thus usefull for Mathias to fix it.

I just have fun with Squash and Strech Pro now and waiting for sales to buy the cartoon add-on 😉

Regards,

Tatiekimby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines