• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create PDF causes Program to exit

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last Windows Update, when I try to scan (create a document via scanner), the program exits. I have tried to repair from within the program as well as via control panel. Neither works. Ideas?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresab,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat exists when trying to create a pdf from scanner, is that correct?

Is there any error message you are getting when Acrobat exit? Have you tried creating pdf using other option, for ex. Create > PDF from file and check if that works?

Also, let us know the Windows build no installed on the machine. Tap the Windows key, type “winver” into the Start menu, and press Enter.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only glitch is creating a PDF from scanner. Win10 Pro. Version 10.1.17134

There is no message when the program shuts down.  I choose create PDF from scanner, a partial scan screen comes up (the one where you choose what kind of scan) and then disappears about 10 seconds later along with the program. I have tried repair multiple ways. I removed and reinstalled. No help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresab,

Thanks for the info. As we have checked the account details using the email address you are logged into the forums, you have a subscription for Acrobat Pro DC. Please try following steps:

1- Sign out from the application using Help menu > Sign out

2- Run cleaner tool on the machine which you can download from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

3-  Reboot the machine.

4- Install Acrobat DC from here: Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

5- Reboot the machine and check.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work. I followed this process multiple times. I have reinstalled the printer/scanner also. I still get the same issue. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Theresab,

Could you try creating a new user account on the machine by clicking Start button, then select Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC, login into that account and launch Acrobat from there and check.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines