• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing pictures from lightroom in Photoshop alters look

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never encountered this problem before – I always make sure to use the same color space wherever I can. My camera, lightroom aswell as photoshop are all set to AdobeRGB. All of my software is up to date. Using Windows 10 with a calibrated monitor.

I've uploaded some pictures to imgur https://imgur.com/a/r2VwS2c

As you can see, after "Edit in -> Adobe Photoshop" colorful pictures get more saturated and contrasty, the b/w ones "regain" color. I've tried resetting photoshop and lightroom preferences.

Can anyone help me out on this one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Update: I have no idea what went wrong, the exact same error is back.

EDIT: Final solution found. In my Taskbar I had Lightroom CC 2015 placed, which I used to manage my images. However, in the creative cloud app there's another lightroom. It seems like I've used an old version. Opening LR directly from the CC app enables me to edit my images in PS again like I was used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Up to date' doesn't mean anything. Tell us the exact version numbers of Lightroom and Photoshop. Because of the new profiles in Lightroom, a common cause of problems like these is a camera profile mismatch, caused by differences between versions.

See also: Colourspace difference when editing a LR doc in PS

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 19.1.5

Lightroom Classic CC 7.4

Previously I've deleted the preference folders for both programs, nothing changed. Now I've deinstalled and reinstalled both programs and it works again, don't know what happened.

Thanks to you I've checked again and reinstalled, so thank you anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I have no idea what went wrong, the exact same error is back.

EDIT: Final solution found. In my Taskbar I had Lightroom CC 2015 placed, which I used to manage my images. However, in the creative cloud app there's another lightroom. It seems like I've used an old version. Opening LR directly from the CC app enables me to edit my images in PS again like I was used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Lightroom CC2015 is the predecessor of Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines