3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2008 4:22 PM by AmontonarPapeles

Lightning Bolt

AmontonarPapeles
      Hello

I've been searching around, but can't find anything on this topic.

Do you know of a tutorial for (or how to make) a lightning bolt in Fireworks (MX 2004).

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Lightning Bolt
          JoeDaSilva Level 4
          What kind of lightning bolt? Photographically realistic, or more of a cartoon/illustration of a stylized lightning bolt?

There's lot's of options...
          http://images.google.com/images?q=lightning+bolt&um=1&ie=UTF-8

• 2. Re: Lightning Bolt
            SiamJai
            quote:

Originally posted by: AmontonarPapeles
            Hello

I've been searching around, but can't find anything on this topic.

Do you know of a tutorial for (or how to make) a lightning bolt in Fireworks (MX 2004).

Thanks!

Whenever the design job calls for lightning or electricity effects, I use an Alien Skin plugin called Xenofex 2. I have had only good experiences with it and highly recommend it. The plugin is compatible with MX 2004 and up.

Like Joey said previously, there are many styles of lightning; this plugin does a realistic one. I wrote a short tutorial that shows the basics of Xenofex 2: Lightning through a simple example. Check it out and see if it does what you need. If it does, but you can't get the plugin for some reason, just send me your image file and I'll be glad to apply a lightning effect for you.

Of course, on the long run it would be better to find a plugin-independent lightning tutorial, or to get the plugin itself. :-)
            • 3. Re: Lightning Bolt
              AmontonarPapeles Level 1
              I am looking for photo-realistic.

Xenofex 2 looks good. I'll find the plugin.

Thanks!