Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace fonts en mass

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

My current employer had used a special font set that is no longer required / used. They have decided to use all Arial font for all CBT/WBTs.

Is there a way to mass edit fonts in Captivate 9? Using Object Styles Manager, I tried to edit the styles to how they should be, exported all of them, and tried to Import and update them in another Captivate project. It seemed to work somewhat, but hoping there is a better way!

@Liliberi,

Have you had to update fonts, en mass before? 

Thank you for your insight!

-Kate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all of your published lessons are HTML5, you can open the CPM.js and search and replace the fonts.

Here is a bit of code from the CPM.js file:

​'<div><div style="margin-left:0px;text-align:left;"><span class="cp-actualText" style="line-height:129%;color:#003366;font-size:22px;font-family:\'Arial regular\',Arial;"><span style="">24 fps   With audio $$text$$</span></span><span class="cp-actualText" style="line-height:129%;color:#003366;font-size:22px;font-family:\'Arial regular\',Arial;"><br></span></div></div>'

Just save the file and re-open the course in a browser to see the change. You might need to clear your cache to see the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of "cleaning" these modules. They are not currently published as HTML5, but I will be re-publishing them in HTLM5, as part of the process. Since the "conversion" turns everything into Times New Roman (and this company used proprietary fonts, that they no longer want).

I'd LOVE to be able to mass edit via the JS code, but am not sure about how to open the CPM.js file to edit it. What "tool" do you use to edit the js?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Brackets, but Notepad+ is another good tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brackets is good! You could also use Dreamweaver.

Both have options to search and replace across multiple files.

Here is a link to a video that goes through how to do that with brackets: Brackets Editor Find & Replace Exclusion Sets | CSS Snippets , at 5:40 she talks about multiple files.

Just be sure you have tested all your search and replace "terms" on one lesson and ensure that it opens and works as expected before doing in bulk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources