Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What kind of graphics card do I need?

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an Intel (R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation- WDDM 1.1) graphics card.

Chip type: Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

DAC Type: Internal

Adapter String: Intel(R) GMA 4500

BIOS  Information: Intel Video BIOS

Total Available Graphics Memory: 1695 MB

Dedicated Video Memory: 64 MB

System Vidro Memory: 0MB

Shared System Memory: 1631

I am trying to open up the Adobe Character Animate and it keeps giving me the pop-up saying:

"OpenGL setup failed- the Scene panel will likely be blank Updating your graphics card driver may fix the issue."

I tried looking for the driver for the graphics card but could not find it, What kind of graphics card do I need? in order for the Adobe Character Animate to start functioning

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have just checked, and your GMA 4500 is now EOS'd (End Of Support). The most recent driver version was for Windows 7/Vista, released way back in 2012. No new drivers for that GMA were released since then. Therefore, you will need to add a discrete GPU just to have Animate CC 2017 working properly. For such an old (10 years old) PC, I'd recommend a GeForce GT 1030 - but no higher than that since anything higher would become wasted on that old, weakling PC. And choose a GT 1030 with GDDR5 VRAM and not the one with weakling DDR4 VRAM since the latter costs almost as much money as the former but with significantly weaker performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines