Make sure AEM is running and then use these HELXP articles, Use the one that corresponds to your version
Check your AEM instance? is it started or not.
Check credentials in POM file.
To make it very clear how to successfully build the project (and show the the article works) - see:
Thank you all.
My understanding may be wrong. Please correct me.
1. I have installed Eclipse luna ,java 8, Apache maven 3.5.2.
2. After then installed AEM Developer tool in eclipse market place.
3.Copy the settings.xml from maven config to inside the m2 folder.
3. Created the AEM sample multi module project.
4. build the project "mvn clean install -P aemtuto-author"
5. Now I am getting "build success" after comment the "autoInstallPackagePublish" profile from pom.xml.
Please guide me how to start the AEM instance .
FOr now - do not worry about using Elicpse and the dev tool. Can you build a project using Maven and the Command Line - as I showed in the above video. I have shown step by step in video how to successfully get a project built and deployed.
Your issue is either:
1 - with the Eclipse DEV TOOL
2 - something wrong with AEM instance.
If you can build using the way I showed in the video above - use the command line - then we know its not 2.
"connection refused" always means that the endpoint you are trying to reach is not there. Or to be more precise: The port you are trying to reach is not open (or blocked by a firewall).
In your specific case I would just assume that your AEM instance is not started. Or you defined the wrong port.