0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2018 11:07 AM by stewarth30800325

Clarification to build p12 file on Windows

stewarth30800325

I'm referring to the section for Windows users called "Convert an Apple developer certificate to a P12 file on Windows" iOS Signing | PhoneGap Docs.

My understanding is that the task 3 is unnecessary for people who have a modern Windows computer and don't want to use a Macintosh computer. Is that right?

I notice the problem at the last step, which is 4. I run the following command using a file, ios-key.key, which only has the password I want to use and nothing else because I'm not sure what the file, mykey.key is supposed to be.

openssl pkcs12 -export -inkey ios-key.key -in developer_identity.pem -out iphone_dev.p12. The following error is what I get.

unable to load private key 9952:error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line:crypto\pem\pem_lib.c:691:Expecting: ANY PRIVATE KEY

if I instead use the Apple provided key file with the p8extension, I get the following error:

No certificate matches private key

Am I supposed to use the p8 file provided by Apple but format it differently? Am I supposed to format the file, mykey.key with markup? What is the file supposed to be and how can I obtain it?