3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 3:49 AM by hatstead

Problem Printing a Cropped Photo

Jimbobber

Hi Everyone,

I just cropped a photo about 25%. When I printed out a 4x6 copy, the picture did not completely fill the photo size. Instead, the photo printed out in the center with margins on each size. I am using Photoshop Elements 18. I do not ever recall having this problem with my prior version, Photoshop Elements 13.

Please help.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Problem Printing a Cropped Photo
          hatstead Adobe Community Professional

Jimbobber  wrote

Hi Everyone,

I just cropped a photo about 25%. When I printed out a 4x6 copy, the picture did not completely fill the photo size. Instead, the photo printed out in the center with margins on each size. I am using Photoshop Elements 18. I do not ever recall having this problem with my prior version, Photoshop Elements 13.

Please help.

Thanks

Is the photo cropped to 4x6" prior to sending it to the printer?

• 2. Re: Problem Printing a Cropped Photo
            Jimbobber Level 1

Hi Hatstead, I did not use my printer. I downloaded the photo to a flash drive and printed it out at a local photo kiosk. How do you save a cropped photo at 4x6?

• 3. Re: Problem Printing a Cropped Photo
              hatstead Adobe Community Professional

Jimbobber  wrote

Hi Hatstead, I did not use my printer. I downloaded the photo to a flash drive and printed it out at a local photo kiosk. How do you save a cropped photo at 4x6?

Jimbobber,

1. Activate the crop tool.
              2. Enter the dimensions (H&W), and enter 300px/in in the resolution field
              3. Proceed to crop by dragging the crop outline to embrace what you wish to retain.
              4. When satisfied, click on the green check-mark to commit
              5. Go to File>save as and rename the file so as not to overwrite the original, and point to where you wish to save it.