• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsaved project prevents OSX shutdown

Engaged ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I shutdown my Mac (OSX 10.9.5) without having saved a Premiere project that is open (CS6), the Mac won't shut down. If I remember to save the project, shutdown proceeds as normal, otherwise it hangs in limbo forever. If shutdown is in limbo, it immediately proceeds as normal if I save the Premiere project.

Any suggestions how I can fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not understanding the problem... that seems to me to be a safety feature, where your computer is "reminding" you to close programs and save your work before allowing a shut down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save it as a different name and delete it if you don't want to save the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must not have been clear enough in my original question. Premiere is preventing shutdown, unlike every other software that happens to be open.

When I choose Shutdown, if I have unsaved changes under various software, all that software will ask me if I want to save changes – Photoshop, iText Express, Audition, and so on. I save, then Shutdown proceeds. However, Premiere does not ask me if I want to save changes – and it never will. Shutdown is put into limbo because Premiere is not responding to OSX's request to shutdown, and OSX won't shutdown until Premiere responds. At least that's how I see it.

It could be an OSX problem, but it seems to me that something has happened to Premiere (it used to work properly) such that it is now ignoring shutdown requests from OSX – but only if there are unsaved changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try uninstalling, using the Cleaner Tool, and then reinstalling:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>it used to work properly

Short of an uninstall and reinstall, you might try resetting preferences

Reset Preferences https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1567425 may help

-or reply #1 in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2079509

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to try them and see how they go. The difficulty is – the problem is intermittent. Sometimes Premiere prevents shutdown, sometimes not. But it's only Premiere causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines