• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save layers with Clipping Mask area only through scripting?

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
This is Srinivas. I am working on a project where I need to parse a PSD file and save each individual layer as a PNG image. In case, layers with the clipping mask, I am the entire layer rather only masked area. If there is anyway, please help me out. Thank you in advance.

=> This is my file

001.png

=> the output is

003.png

=> The output I want

002.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that Eclipse2 a shape with round transparency? Can you show how you did that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Eclipse2 is a round shape. I am using "Create Clipping Mask" option from Layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Originally I created other layer, below your main layer (smart object). I made round selection that I inverted and cut. After I deselect selection I activated a layer that is over and created clipping mask that that below one.

Then I noticed a layer that is below is not a normal layer but a shape. So I did a shpae however I had no idea how to fill it with transparency. It's why I ask you how you created it. If you answer me I can help. describe it step by step...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines