• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Question page fails

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if i insert a Question page in Captivate 7 with a true/false radio button the first line is ok but the second:

Radiobutton               text

Radiobutton

text

But as you see, the second textline is always 1 line among the radio button. It is impossible to change something.

Please help and advise.

regards Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I no longer have CP7 which is pretty old.

Can you check the master slide for T/F quiz slide? On the quiz slide did you insert a hard break? Can you compare the height of the two answer shapes (or captions, depends on used theme) for True and False? Can you post a screenshot of the quiz slide, with the True answer selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i dont know where i can Change Setting of the Master Quiz Slide. I re-installed Captivate from Scratch. Same in other Questions Slides……. thank you, Peter

Now i saw other Users had the Problem in Captivate 3 and 4 years ago. Seems to be an really old Problem that is not fixed until 7. Dont know how it works in 9...

2.png34.png

Skizze.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

German version. Bug is in the master slide; can you try to test if it is the same in another theme?

BTW you can arite in German, but I will answer in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its true. I i use another standard theme it works fine. Can i modify something in my theme to fix it?.......THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a custom theme? Or is it a theme packaged with Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5.jpges ist Custom. ich denke es liegt hier das Problem. Kann aber nichts anpassen. (Style Manager). Ich habe aber nur Farben und Logo / Buttons geändert.

Also.. es ein modified Theme von Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leider muss ich arbeiten. Bitte... vielleicht hast du noch eine Idee wie ich das anpassen kann. Vielen Dank!!! Ich habe leider nichts gefunden...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object  styles will not help, you need to edit the master slide. The two answers are in the answer area, but you have to select the second answer, there is a hard line break before the answer, after the number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Morgen, im Mastermaster.jpg sieht alles richtig aus. Wie kann ich den HARD LINK entfernen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Morgen, Mittag!

This is different from the master slide screenshot you posted before. Maybe that was not the master slide as I thought.

Not a direct link, but a BREAK (Enter), which would be in the quiz slide in that case, not in the master slide. DId you try to Reset the Master slide for the quiz slide. I cannot give you the translation to German. It is here in the Properties panel:

ResetMaster.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, das nutz nichts. Komisch.... im Master ist alles richtig, erst wenn ich eine Fragefolie einfüge geht sie kaputt.

11.jpg12.jpg

Kaputt

xx.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does it look, when you use the same theme in a new project and create a quiz slide? If you get the same problem, this is clearly a theme problem. Since it is a custom theme,  that is real problem. Moreover I cannot test it myself since I no longer have CP7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wenn ich ein neues Projekt mache mit dem Thema dann geht es. Komisch. Ich nutzte dieses Thema, und habe dann das Hintergrundbild, die Buttons und die Schriftart verändert. Dabei geht es kaputt. Wenn ich es herausfinde, melde ich den Grund hier, das hatten ja auch schon andere. Aber VIELEN DANK für die Mühe! Vielleicht finde ich noch einen Weg. Gruß Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not sure to understand. Object styles, master slides are part of the theme. Now yoou seem to tell that you change either object styles or the master slide background after creating the quiz slides? That is bad practice. Set up the object styles, and edit the master slides before creating any quiz slide. Save the theme as a custom theme. Test it on a new project. What did you change to the buttons: the Default Quiz Button Style? Which fonts or attributes did you change for which text object style in the Quizzing category?

What's in a Theme - a Template? - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habe es jetzt so gemacht. Ein neues Theme erstellt, mit Buttons, Font, Background etc. und gespeichert.

Danach die Seiten kopiert und eingefügt. Die komplette Seite! Nicht nur die Objekte.

Jetzt funktionieren auch die Quizelemente richtig. Ich weiß zwar nicht warum, aber so geht es!

Vielen Dank!!

"

"Most important Information on thís for others: Do not change anything on your Theme after creating pages in your project!

Moderator: this is NOT correct, apologizing for that. You can perfectly change object styles, master slides, skin and other components of a theme while you are working on a file.  Conclusion of this user is not correct. As I mentioned often in this thread, it is possible that the theme was an upgraded theme, was corrupted. But the conclusion is incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Mittag,

I am also moderator, I took out your answer as the correct answer. Agter all I insisted several times about the importance of creating the custom theme before inserting quiz slides, or use the Reset Master slide which could help in some cases. It is NOT correct what you marked in bold: it is perfectly possible to edit a theme after having created slides, I'm doing that all the time because a theme can need editing while the file is created.

I will add this same comment to your answer to avoid confusing other users. Too many users do not realize the importance of a theme at all. Even in training it looks like I am pretty exceptional to include an in-depth exploring of themes. And if you ever google about Fluid Boxes you'll find that I'm the only one having ever published about Fluid boxes in master slides as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok . verstanden. Das mit dem Fluid Boxes checke ich noch einmal. Danke sehr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kein Problem! Danke schön.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources