• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop down selected value is gone once I save the PDF file. Any Help appreciated !

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Pro DC to design a PDF form. There are several lists I am loading with items from a javascript on Page Open (Run Javascript).

Once I save the PDF, only the selected list values are gone, but all the drop down list items are visible in adobe reader except the selected list value gets replaced by the first list item. Checking "Commit selected value immediately", does not hold the selected value.

Kindly share a thought or solution.

Any help, deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Every time when you change the items in a list it will reset the list to the first item.

Before saving the file remove the JavaScript at Page Open.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time when you change the items in a list it will reset the list to the first item.

Before saving the file remove the JavaScript at Page Open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

Sorry to reopen a buried topic... but I have the same issue and would appreciate any help.

Is there any workaround on this?

This is because my user needs to constantly update the information and removing javascript may not be an option.

I am not even sure how to remove the JS at Page Open - could anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, using the Page Open event is not a good idea. You should do it using a doc-level script.

If you post your code I could help you make sure that the value is retained, even after it runs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GilaD,

Apologies for taking your time, I just got this to work.

Apparently part of my code was being run when it should not be, it is now working. I will make the corrections and will reach out again if something comes up.

Many thanks again, you are always very responsive and helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the code at the same place where you have added it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines