Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC (2018) keeps crashing every few minutes

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I need URGENT help!. I have been an adobe user (Animate, AE, PS and more) for good 20 years now, never had such problems with anything, specifically with AE. Purchased a new PC (see specs below), installed After Effects, and I can't seem to stop it from crashing.

Main problems:

1. Crashes very frequently - with images, shape layers, adjustment layers, even simple scrubbing of timeline would crash it. Its on a brand new PC with plenty of room just for this application. And no other applications have been running during crashes.

2. AE does not cache, preview only shows part of animation. Yes, I cleared cache (although its only been 5 days since installing), added more RAM inside Prefs>General>Memory.. nothing worked,

To sum it up, I get roughly about 23 crashes in a 3 hour window. Its virtually impossible to work!

PC specs:

Dell Inspiration 15-5000

Processor: H Generation Intel Core I5-8250U

Ram 12 GB

Hardware 1 TB 5400 RPM-SATA

Graphic Card: Intel Integrated 620

640 Microsoft Windows 10 Home

PLEASE HELP! Been on your customer service phone for over 50 mins and no one answered!

-JB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system is pretty under-powered for serious After Effects work, but I wouldn't expect it to cause crashes like that.

Have you made sure all of your drivers are up to date? Updating the video driver is one of the first thing I check whenever AE is misbehaving.

Where is your cache set to? I'm guessing you don't have a dedicated drive, since this is a laptop, but the drive it's going to has plenty of free space, yes?

Have you tried installing any older versions of AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyle,

I checked the device requirements before downloading AE CC, my device meets all requirements listed on Adobe website. Can you recommend the basic minimum I should have? I am not sure what to buy (thinking of replacing this laptop) as I have a older desktop with similar configuration and I never get any crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

perhaps try CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines