Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External plugins not retaining settings

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a project that I've been using external VST audio plugins for and I'm finding that, after saving and closing the project, when I re-open the project, all of the VST settings are back to zero.

The specific plugin that I'm having trouble with is IK's SSL channel strip 'British channel' - I'm using it on the audio channel in the mixer rather than in specific clips.

The native Adobe plugins don't seem to have the same problem.

Anyone know why this is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Best is to contact the vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best is to contact the vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens​ - It works fine in all my other software - Ableton, Reaper, Logic....even Audition.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something with keyframes? ...I'm literally placing the VST at the top of the channel fader, adjusting the VST settings and saving the project - each time I re-open the project, all the settings are back to zero.

I know there are some issues with VSTs crashing PP so maybe this is something similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I concur with Ann's advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines