• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panorama, stitching

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that it is possible to stitch several images into a (horizontal) panorama.  However is it also possible to then continue and stitch 2 or 3 such panoramas together in the vertical direction creating a large image out of a x/y matric of single images. I would appreciate some feedback, I’m considering subscribing to photoshop CC and lightroom CC to do this merge.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but if the shots are taken with some care, you'll likely get better results doing it all in one go. I recently did one from 6 x 6 frames, thus keeping the original aspect ratio of the camera.

Always enable the lens profile in ACR/Lightroom. This corrects geometric distortion in individual frames. This is very important.

Make sure you have sound and solid overlap, that excludes moving clouds or water. Ideally you should have a focusing rail to eliminate parallax error (by pulling the camera body back so it rotates around the optical center of the lens).

It very often pays to pick a base image that the others align to. Put this at the bottom of the stack. Don't use Photomerge - use Auto-Align, nudge if needed, then Auto-Blend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines