3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2008 3:48 PM by Dave Hogue

Putting HTML in Fireworks

filegeek837
      I created a "Tab" interface with Fireworks. I did it with Frames...each tab you click on brings up a new frame....but how do i get HTML on each of those frames...you cant add HTML while youre in Fireworks......and once I export to Dreamweaver...it doesnt show the seperate frames to put my HTML in....I am kind of a newbie...any help would be appreciated...thx
        • 1. Re: Putting HTML in Fireworks
          pixlor Level 4
          Frames in Fireworks are for making animations with. They aren't the same as HTML frames, which are not recommended for making sites with, anyway.

If you're trying to make a navigation bar that looks like tabs in a tabbed browser, well, that's still just a set of images. Build your navigation bar in Dreamweaver, since Dreamweaver is designed for building HTML. Fireworks is designed for creating graphics.

• 2. Re: Putting HTML in Fireworks
            Level 7
            And don't use frames in your HTML unless you have a very good reason for
            doing so!

--
            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
            Adobe Community Expert
            (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
            ==================
            http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            ==================

"pixlor" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gj6uvb$kr$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Frames in Fireworks are for making animations with. They aren't the same
            > as
            > HTML frames, which are not recommended for making sites with, anyway.
            >
            > If you're trying to make a navigation bar that looks like tabs in a tabbed
            > browser, well, that's still just a set of images. Build your navigation
            > bar in
            > Dreamweaver, since Dreamweaver is designed for building HTML. Fireworks is
            > designed for creating graphics.
            >
            >
            >

• 3. Re: Putting HTML in Fireworks
              Dave Hogue Level 2
              You should also check out the Spry framework that ships with Dreamweaver - there are Spry widgets for creating tabbed panes and accordion panes, and Dreamweaver will drop the appropriate code into your site project for you.