• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing to PDF to rezise Scanned item Lowers Quality

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to size a scanned drawing to a standard size after cropping the scan due to excess white space. Every time I print to PDF from Acrobat the quality is immediately lowered. Even when I don't crop the drawing and print to the same size it is originally the quality drops. I am using Acrobat Pro2017.  The two samples before are: 1) original zoomed to 200% 2) Printed as the same size of original zoomed 200%.

1)

original zoomed.PNG

2)         

printed zoomed.PNG

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Assuming you have Acrobat Pro, you don't “print to PDF” to eliminate white space. There are numerous tools within Acrobat Pro, including the cropping tool and various Preflight fixups that can be used for resizing your content without losing quality.

“Print to PDF” is by its very nature a lossy process.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you have Acrobat Pro, you don't “print to PDF” to eliminate white space. There are numerous tools within Acrobat Pro, including the cropping tool and various Preflight fixups that can be used for resizing your content without losing quality.

“Print to PDF” is by its very nature a lossy process.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines