Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ambisonics Audio - can't apply Panner effect to Zoom H2N audio file

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've got some audio recorded as spatial audio from a Zoom H2N on a timeline in Premiere 2018. In the tutorials I've seen it comes in as one track, even though it's four tracks of audio.

In my project it's coming in as four separate tracks.

When I try to apply the Panner -Ambisonics to the clip it won't let me. I see an error message that 5.1 audio is required.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong in either setting up the sequence or importing the audio or something else?

I'm pretty confident I recorded the audio properly as spatial audio so I think the problem is in how I've imported it or set up the sequence. (I'm using one of the VR Ambisonic presets when I create the sequence)

thanks!

will

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Thanks, I'll definitely remember that. In this case, I woke up, restarted my computer and all is right in the world. I think the problem was a memory issue with Premiere.

Thanks again!

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your sequence master audio set to?

You can change how Premiere treats the audio tracks before you place them on the timeline by right clicking the clip in the project panel and selecting 'modify audio channels'

Audio 4 channel.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll definitely remember that. In this case, I woke up, restarted my computer and all is right in the world. I think the problem was a memory issue with Premiere.

Thanks again!

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Will+Y.  wrote

Thanks again!

Will

I had to change the Timeline preferences for Default Audio Tracks > Multichannel Mono Media to Adaptive and then it behaved correctly on the next start. Richard's answer saved my butt to get it working since I imported the ambisonic recording (same microphone as you) without the preference set to adaptive beforehand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ambisonics export still does not export 4.0 / 4 mono audio channels for Spatial Audio!  It only exports as a single mono audio channel!:*(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines