• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unfit size

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heloo im using cs3 as usual for my job.. but i want to try and familiarize on cs6 and slowly adapting it for work..
my problem is i use and insert 6 pcs of 2x2*inch size to 4x6Inch* 300 reso.. but when i use in cs6.. same layer same size but seems the 6pcs 2x2 isnt fit to cs6 4x6 300 reso -_- cant fgure it out and its so annyngghh.. thanks for help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

2x2 inches should fit 6 times into 4x6inches  provided that the pixel sizes fit (i.e. that the resolution is identical)

Can you show a full screen screenshot of the problem that you are getting

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i gues i find it that in cs6 has always up by .15 or smthing in inch size.. but i put 2x2 on the size.. can you help me to fix that solid 2x2 no aditional size?

312112.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photoshop deals in pixels (they are converted to inches by the print driver based on the number of pixels per inch you specify in the image resolution).

The headshot image measures 645 x 645 pixels. (The number of print inches covered by that number of pixels is determined by the value set in your document resolution in this case 300ppi -  tThat works out at exactly 2.15 inches.)

If you have set your main document at 6x4 inches and 300ppi it will measure 1800 x 1200 pixels.

So you are trying to fit two 645 pixels side by side into a 1200 pixel wide image and 2x645 =1290.

However this is easily solved.

When placing the image go to the move tool and hold down shift whilst dragging the corner handle. This will scale the image proportionally without distorting it and allow you to fit it into a 600x600 pixel space.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so this upgrade  ps cant be match on cs3 fix 2x2inch coz you will manualy recorect it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with an upgrade. 645 pixels cannot fit twice into 1200 pixels no matter what software version you use.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i mean i cant have a fix crop box of 2x2?? need to manualy change the edge hndle  to make 2x2fix?? surely that 645 will bcme 600 if they have a fix 2x2 crop box.. is there i trick or option like fix size or smthing to make it easier withou manualy adjusting it?? sorrry to bother

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes just do the steps that Bojan has posted above and type in the values rather than dragging

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all your images are the same dimensions and same resolution you can use Smart Object layer for that job. Place image then transform SO object. Duplicate Smart Object layer multiple times using New Smart Object via Copy command. Reposition SO objects then use Replace Contents command to replace images.

Action can be recorded but it is a bit complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is five versions behind, it's already obsolete and there will never be any fixes. Why are you using such an old version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To quickly change dimensions to some exact dimensions do the following:

• Select layer in the Layers panel.
  • Press Ctrl/Cmd + T.
  • In the Properties panel look for W and H with text fields on the right sides.
  • Click on chain icon to constrain proportions.
  • Right click inside any of text fields and choose Pixels, Inches or whatever measurement unit you want to use.
  • Select and retype numbers (like 645 was, retype them with 600).
  • Confirm on Enter/Return or use checkmark in the Options bar.

change-object-dimensions.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing [Link removed by moderator]  this site image using Photoshop My all images  are  the same dimensions I use smart object layer .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use above suggestion with duplicated Smart Object layers via copy. Create template then you can record action to faster relace images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines