• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I edit PDF using the Adobe Acrobat X Standard

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to figure out how to edit a pdf file using the a brand new Adobe Acrobat X Standard dvd.  I tried to return the product and was told I could not and have called and searched all over for help and still unable to edit. Please help.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

This is a big problem, not so much with Acrobat but with your wish to edit church bulletins with it. PDF files are not made for editing!! Yes, Acrobat Standard can be used to fix minor typos, and so on, but otherwise you edit the original and make the PDF again. PDF files are never made IN Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is hardly new... It's an outdated version, unsupported by Adobe and not compatible with any current operating system.

Having said that, if you have it installed and it's running you should install all available updates and hope it continues to run without issues.

And you would need to explain what exactly you want to do for further help about how to do it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I learned that.  I'm trying to edit our church bulletins but the edit button doesn't appear anywhere.  Do you know which update I should install and should it be costing me almost $150 annually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, Acrobat is NOT suited for creating PDF files from scratch or for extensive editing. It should be used to convert an existing file to a PDF, or to perform very small corrections to an existing file.

I suggest you start over with a new file format, like Word, or InDesign (more complex, but also more powerful).

When you're done, convert the file to a PDF, but make sure you keep the original file.

When you need to create a new version, go back to the original and edit it, instead of trying to edit the PDF.

It will be much easier in the long run, although in the beginning you'll have a big task of re-creating the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to note that Acrobat X was dead as of SIX YEARS AGO when Acrobat XI came out; there have been 3 new versions since then. Who sold you that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I'm finding out.  I bought it on Amazon.  I'm trying to edit our church bulletins but the edit button doesn't appear anywhere.  I have been updating the bulletins on my personal laptop which is dying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you really want to use Acrobat to edit your church bulletins, you may want to consider setting the document up as a fillable form. That will give you a higher degree of control when editing the text.

I did something like that here: Document Geek: Adventures in Flexible File Prep: New Twist on PDF Form Fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a big problem, not so much with Acrobat but with your wish to edit church bulletins with it. PDF files are not made for editing!! Yes, Acrobat Standard can be used to fix minor typos, and so on, but otherwise you edit the original and make the PDF again. PDF files are never made IN Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked up Acrobat X by the way. It doesn't have an edit button; those instructions are for the current software, not the very old version you have.

In Acrobat X click the Tools button, then Content, to see your editing options. Acrobat Standard X has some kind of text editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines