• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem creating a custom dynamic stamp with date

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TDLR: Custom stamp shows my image but not leaves off the dymanic date that I created.

-----------
I was attempting to create a custom stamp.  My goal was to build a "Received" stamp where I designed a .png file and left some room in the middle of the image for where I would later put the text file.  I used instructions from here Create a custom dynamic stamp using Acrobat DC

I create my new custom stamp with the background image I designed and then close.  I then browse to users/myusername//library/application support/adobe/acrobat/dc/stamps and I see the new PDF file there.

I edit this PDF and using the forms tool, I create a text field where the dynamic date will go. Everything worked great for this portion of the task.  I was able to get the stamp to display the date using the javascript sample provided.  It shows that the date appears in the text box appropriately. 

After you complete this step, the instructions tell you to save the PDF.  This is where I run into my first issue.  The dialog box does not allow me to simply save the file as it lies in that directory.  I'm not sure if this is because this folder is hidden/protected or whatever. 

To work around this, I save this PDF elsewhere and then copy it back over to users/myusername//library/application support/adobe/acrobat/dc/stamps successfully.

I then open up a random PDF file to experiment and go to add my stamp.  It puts the image part of the stamp out there but it doesn't generate the dynamic date.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Don't know how you came up with this script, but there are a couple of problems with it - you should however get something in your field (even though the time will be wrong). Try this:

event.value = util.printd("mmm dd yyyy h:MMtt", new Date());

If you are still not getting anything. Make sure that this script is used as a calculation script. You can get confirmation that the script is actually running by adding this line to the script (either before or after the one line from above):

console.print

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What script did you use fir the stamp?

A while ago, I wrote some instructions about how to modify one of the Acrobat dynamic stamps: Modify Dynamic PDF Stamps in Acrobat - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used several different versions that I found in examples and they all produced this result above.  This is what I'm using in the latest one.

event.value = (new Date()).toString(); AFDate_FormatEx("mmmm dd yyyy h:mmtt");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know how you came up with this script, but there are a couple of problems with it - you should however get something in your field (even though the time will be wrong). Try this:

event.value = util.printd("mmm dd yyyy h:MMtt", new Date());

If you are still not getting anything. Make sure that this script is used as a calculation script. You can get confirmation that the script is actually running by adding this line to the script (either before or after the one line from above):

console.println("Dynamic stamp calculation script");

You should then see this line being printed on the JavaScript console (you open it with Ctrl-J or Cmd-J).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great!  Thank you.  I also discovered that I cannot seem to save my PDF into the Stamps folder.  Not sure if it's protected or something so instead I just saved it to my downloads folder and Acrobat seemed to be fine with it being there as opposed to in the actual Stamps folder in applications.  I'm not sure how to solve that problem but you have at least solved my biggest problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that can't work. The stamp file has to be located in the Stamps folder for the application to recognize it and use it under the Stamp tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought so too but when i went to save and couldn't I just saved it into downloads and dragged the stamp down and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Explorer preview selected? If so, take a look here: Who is Hogging My File? - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Mac so that didn't apply but it got me down the correct path of searching for the answer.  I found this article that says why my PDF file was not saving in place.  Basically, it's trying to first show me online saving options instead of just saving in place.  "save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines