Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Searchable Image to Text Based PDF

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using Acrobat DC Standard I am trying to fully convert a scanned PDF which is then converted to a searchable PDF using the enhance scan option to a full text based PDF so that i can edit the contents.

Currently, once I recognize the text in the image PDF, it does not allow me to edit it. If i then go to Edit, it shows it as an image again. Is this working as intended or is there something else i can do?

The work around i have thought of is to save it as a word document then export it as a PDF again which will then make it a Text based PDF which i can then edit in Acrobat. Is this really what is needed to be done or is there a way to just convert it within Acrobat?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

This is working as intended.

To make a pdf editable you need to run Recognize text using "Editable Text & Images" option of Enhance scan. But this feature is not available in Adobe Acrobat Standard. For this, you need to use Adobe Acrobat Pro(full version of Acrobat).

Hope it helps. Please feel free to ask anything.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is working as intended.

To make a pdf editable you need to run Recognize text using "Editable Text & Images" option of Enhance scan. But this feature is not available in Adobe Acrobat Standard. For this, you need to use Adobe Acrobat Pro(full version of Acrobat).

Hope it helps. Please feel free to ask anything.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines