• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe is reading the duration of video wrong (premiere and AE)

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import media on either premiere or after effects, or even open in source monitor, the length / duration of the video is 25 seconds, however if I open the video in a media player, it reads the correct time of 7 minutes 35 seconds.  Why is adobe cutting just this one file short?  The other files all seem to be working just fine.

The hard drives / scratch disks / media cache folders  have enough free space.  Anyone know what's going on?  I've tried clearing the cache and resetting config settings.  I've tried restarting.  I've tried making a copy of the video file.  I'm at a loss!

duration problem.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi xyu_,

Sorry for the delay in response. What is the source of the footage? Is it captured in VFR or CFR?

This issue can occur if the footage is captured in VFR and the version of Premiere Pro is older.

What is the exact dot version of Premiere Pro and After Effects? Steps: FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Try updating Premiere Pro to 12.1.2 and check the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines