• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BLOCKED: I can't use Application Loader to send Apple my AIR30 app ("Missing or invalid signature...")

Participant ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xpost in bug/performance: BLOCKED: I can't use Application Loader to send Apple my AIR30 app ("Missing or invalid signature......

I need to revise my .ipa in iTunes.  However, I got the warning about expired certificate (https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198650)  so I updated to AIR 30.  Now, when using App Loader I get a different blocking error:
ERROR ITMS-90034: "Missing or invalid signature. The bundle 'com-myapp-bundle-thing' at bundle path 'Payload/My App Name.app' is not signed using an Apple submission certificate."

So, I double checked all my certificates and tried many more times.  If I roll back to AIR28 I avoid this error, but that just brought back ITMS-90722: "Certificate Expired".  I normally sign my app on Windows when I publish in FlashBuilder.  I did try to sign on my mac running Flash Builder but I got the same error.

In researching I saw some notes about how Apple wants you to sign on a Mac.  What's the best way to do that?  Please spoon feed me the instructions if you can.  Not sure if that's the solution--but I'm a week into this one (on the calendar at least) so I'll try anything and happily answer questions, provide files, try things, etc.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.

At first I thought perhaps the issue was with how Apple is doing roles on AppStoreConnect now (in the past, I'd have to log into itunesconnect with a different account in order to access my customer's apps).  Plus, they got rid of the role I had (Technical) and had to change to App Mananger.  There also appears to be two versions of App Loader on my mac.  I think all that's worked out, but thought I'd just mention some of the troubleshooting I've done.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please let us know what kind of certificates you are using to sign the app?

Regards

Aakriti | Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do anything at this point Yes.

I have an iOS Distribution certificate which I happen to sign with a signing request from my windows machine.  (I did test and got the same results on mac however--and, definitely, each time I start over by creating the certificate at developer.apple and signing it from the appropriate machine, etc.)

I convert the certificate to a .p12 file.

I also have an iOS Distribution Provisioning Profile.

This is the process I've been using for several years.  Like I say, I can use AIR28 but I get a different issue.

One thing please:
how do I re-sign an ipa on my mac? 

I'm ready and eager to resolve this so I'll be super responsive.

Thanks,
Phillip

POSSIBLE SIDE TRACK APPLE ROLES (probably a moot issue): When I encountered problems I initially thought it might be due to Apple's change from itunesconnect to appstoreconnect.  And, the related odd rules for roles on other teams.  Specifically, it USED to be (like earlier this summer) that a developer (me) could have an apple ID and log into developer.apple.com and have access to certificates for each of the teams I'm on (my clients).  But... when going over to itunesconnect, using the same login, I'd only see my personal apps.  To gain access to my customer's he'd have to invite me using a DIFFERENT apple id.  On top of this, appstoreconnect no longer has the role assigned to me (technical).  Anyway, after this problem started he did invite me with the correct apple id and I can now select the appropriate team when in appstore connect (or app loader for that matter) and I do have access to his apps. Anyway, like I mention above, I really don't think my issue is on Apple's end because with AIR28 I don't encounter this issue (alas, I encounter another issue and it's never going to get past Apple's approval if I don't use AIR30, so that's moot really).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are able to upload our app using AIR 30. Could you try the steps mentioned in this blog.

Blog : fix for xcode ERROR ITMS-90034 – Missing or invalid signature | blog.frumar.com 

It might help you solving this issue.

Here are the steps for re-signing the app:

unzip app.ipa
rm
-rf Payload/MyApp.app/_CodeSignature/
cp
~/Downloads/AdHoc.mobileprovision Payload/MyApp.app/embedded.mobileprovision
codesign
-f -s "iPhone Distribution: Company Certificate" --resource-rules Payload/MyApp.app/ResourceRules.plist  Payload/MyApp.app
zip
-qr app-resigned.ipa Payload/

Regards

Aakriti | Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I'm still stuck.  I'm running out of ideas and I really don't want to point to AIR as the cause, but this is where I'm at:

I can use AIR 28 and build my iOS app on Windows 10 using Flash Builder 4.7... then I can upload okay through App Loader (with yellow warning, not red errors blocking submission).  However, it never appears in my builds via appstoreconnect.  I know it uploads my AIR 28 build because if I create a new build with the same subversion number, it squawks as me about being a redundant build. Also, when I build with AIR 30 (see below) I never get that message because I can never successfully upload through App Loader.  The build never appears in appstoreconnect but I do get an automated email from apple:

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "Viva Learning Mobile". Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

Missing Asset Catalog - Your app is missing the asset catalog file in 'Viva Learning Mobile.app'. For more information see http://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev10510b1f7.

Though you are not required to fix the following issues, we wanted to make you aware of them:

Certificate Expired - The signing certificate "CN=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority, OU=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations, O=Apple Inc., C=US" with serial number 25 used to sign Viva Learning Mobile.app has expired. Learn more (https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev154b28f09).

I understand that's been addressed in AIR 30.  So, when I build with AIR 30, I'm back to where I was--this error right in App Loader (before it can even post to appstoreconnect):

I have carefully created a different set of certificates and provisioning profiles and done all this on mac.  I also looked at the link you provided regarding read/write... but that's all on the mac, and in the past I've been fine (and sort of fine now with AIR 28) and use win10 to build and sign and then just use the mac to use App Loader.

Please try to answer my question:
I can follow Apple's instructions for putting the latest WWDR Intermediate Certificate Expiration - Support - Apple Developer  certificate on my machine (that was part of me trying to resolve this using only mac).  But, how does that apply on Windows?  I can download the AppleWWDRCA.cer... double click it to install (not sure which store I should use--my current user, or all users).  I assume that after I do that, I need to make the signing request again etc.  I'm concerned my certificate store is in some kind of state that's causing my problems.  I would appreciate very much any comments on building/signing on Windows 10 and AIR 30.  

Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried publishing with AIR 30 on a new install of windows 10.  Made the signing request on the new machine... same results with App Loader.

I didn't do anything to this windows machine in regards to the AppleWWDRCA.cer

I just want to research a little more first.

Still blocked.  I'll open an incident with Apple and see if they can inspect the .ipa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the beta version of AIR30,and make sure include all icons,and do not include "._.DS_Store".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but the the version on labs is build 103.  The build I've been using is 107--the RELEASE version.

Is that what you meant to suggest?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have solved the problem with the beta version.

And on lab they last Updated on July 26.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do include assets.car while packaging your app.

Do follow this page for creating assets.car

Regards

Aakriti | Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I'm not clear what I'm supposed to do... is this not documented?  I can't find anything with the AIR release notes... please advise.

Minus docs, please answer my questions:

I go to
Generate ios、android app ICON and Assets.car online  and create the Assets.car and all my png files.

1: It says to put the Assets.car "in the root dir of the project".  Is this where my main app (.as file) is?  Is it the bin folder?  Do I need to add the resources to my app somehow before building?

2: It says "copy icons to ios project and edit Info.plist.  Is that to say, make sure my app.xml has an entry:

<icon>

<image16x16>assets/icons/icon_16.png</image16x16>   etc???

Or do I just put the pngs in the root of my source?  Or maybe I should include the resources before packaging.

3. Finally, it says to "set CFBundleIconName":

<key>CFBundleIconName</key>

<string>AppIcon</string>

I think I did that part right--I put it under:

<iPhone>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One huge question: is the manual process of creating an Assets.car file required in AIR30+?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed all the instructions I could find regarding Assets.car and icons.  However, I'm not getting any errors about icons nor about the Apple world-wide certificate if I use AIR30.  When I was testing with AIR28 I was.  I can try to go back and try there, but I guess I had the impression that AIR30 should work.

Has anyone been able to upload an iOS app using AIR30, distribution certificate & profile?   If so, it's probably on my end--but, I'm really stuck.

What I'd love:
--clear decisive instructions on how the assets.car issue applies to AIR.
--confirmation that it's possible to build on Windows 10 an AIR30 (or an older version that can work) app that can be posted to appstoreconnect (via mac using Application Loader).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we've uploaded multiple iOS apps with AIR 30 for distribution in the App Store without any problems.  I've seen others having issues with expired certificates or errors saying it wasn't signed with a valid certificate, though this hasn't happened for us, and don't really understand why it's affecting some people and not others... maybe there's some difference in how apps are generated if you're using Flash Builder vs. Animate vs. adt?

In case it helps, here's what we've been doing:

- Distribution Certificate p12 created around November 2017 (haven't re-generated lately)

- Created Assets.car and put in the same directory as swf and application xml file

- Packaged on Windows 10 machine using adt command line tool (be sure to include Assets.car in the files that need to be packaged/included)

- Submitted with Application Loader on Mac

I'm not that familiar with Flash Builder, but for Assets.car you'll need to ensure it's packaged along with your other files for the app (like launch images, and your swf and xml).  I'd say look for wherever you include all of those files in Flash Builder and be sure to add Assets.car to the list if it's not already there.  You will still need to use the older icon tags too for <image80x80> etc., since iOS 10 and older still reference those instead of Assets.car.

Hope this helps a bit!  I agree that documentation for Assets.car needs some work, it was tucked into release notes for AIR 28 I believe, but there are tons of pages on the Adobe site that talk about packaging and very few of them are updated with any of this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the question of Assets.car, I tried using Xcode to make the one I needed for an app update, and Apple rejected it because of some icon sizes being missing, even though I could clearly see them in my Xcode project. So I used this online Assets.car generator, and the file it made was a lot bigger, and the IPA was accepted by Apple without a problem:

Generate ios、android app ICON and Assets.car online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the replies above! 

I made a build using AIR 29.  I got it through Application Loader and into TestFlight/AppStoreConnect.  I do get the warning about expired certificate:

Certificate Expired - The signing certificate "CN=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority, OU=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations, O=Apple Inc., C=US" with serial number 25 used to sign My App.app has expired. Learn more (https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev154b28f09).

Is there any point in installing Apple's .cer file on Windows?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar issues for quite a while.

This is how solved my situation, mainly with the help of Colin Holgate.

I use AIR SDK 30.0.0.107 on Animate 2018:

1. I created new Developer and Distribution Certificates in my Apple Developer Account

2. I created new Developer and App Store Provisioning Profiles for my app

3. I din´t use Xcode because it makes things more complicated for me. I downloaded the free ANE LAB to generate the Assets.car file. You can get it from:

https://www.myflashlabs.com/ane-lab-lets-you-use-air-native-extension-in-adobe-air/

- I included Assets.car file in the "Included files" of the AIR for iOS Settings window. I also included these "splash" images:

Default-568h@2x.png (640 x 1,136)

Default-568h@2x~iphone.png (640 x 1,136)

Default.png (320 x 480)

and the “icons” folder

- I made sure to include the icons sizes that you can see in the attached picture:

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 4.14.09 PM.png

- The names of the icons must be like in the pictures

- The name of the folder where you put your icons must be “icons” (with no quotation marks)

- I made sure to include all this on my .xml (use what you need)

<initialWindow>

<content>1.swf</content>

<systemChrome>standard</systemChrome>

<transparent>false</transparent>

<visible>true</visible>

<fullScreen>true</fullScreen>

<autoOrients>false</autoOrients>

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>

<renderMode>auto</renderMode>

</initialWindow>

<customUpdateUI>false</customUpdateUI>

<allowBrowserInvocation>false</allowBrowserInvocation>

<icon>

<image16x16>icons/icon_16.png</image16x16>

<image29x29>icons/icon_29.png</image29x29>

<image32x32>icons/icon_32.png</image32x32>

<image36x36>icons/icon_36.png</image36x36>

<image57x57>icons/icon_57.png</image57x57>

<image114x114>icons/icon_114.png</image114x114>

<image512x512>icons/icon_512.png</image512x512>

<image48x48>icons/icon_48.png</image48x48>

<image72x72>icons/icon_72.png</image72x72>

<image50x50>icons/icon_50.png</image50x50>

<image58x58>icons/icon_58.png</image58x58>

<image100x100>icons/icon_100.png</image100x100>

<image144x144>icons/icon_144.png</image144x144>

<image1024x1024>icons/icon_1024.png</image1024x1024>

<image40x40>icons/icon_40.png</image40x40>

<image76x76>icons/icon_76.png</image76x76>

<image80x80>icons/icon_80.png</image80x80>

<image120x120>icons/icon_120.png</image120x120>

<image152x152>icons/icon_152.png</image152x152>

<image180x180>icons/icon_180.png</image180x180>

<image60x60>icons/icon_60.png</image60x60>

<image75x75>icons/icon_75.png</image75x75>

<image87x87>icons/icon_87.png</image87x87>

<image167x167>icons/icon_167.png</image167x167>

</icon>

<supportedLanguages>en fr it pt es</supportedLanguages>

<iPhone>

<requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array><string>1</string><string>2</string></array>

<key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key>

<true/>

<key>NSCalendarsUsageDescription</key>

<string>Some ad content may access calendar</string>

]]></InfoAdditions>

</iPhone>

</application>

4. I used Developer Certificate with the Developer Provisioning Profile and in the AIR for iOS Settings I used "Device Debugging" to test the app on my device, then:

5. I used the Distribution Certificate with the AppStore Provisioning Profile and in the AIR for iOS Settings I used “App Store”. The .ipa you get from these settings wont instal in your device. But it will go up through Application Loader, then you can use it on TestFlight or the AppStore.

If this solves your issues please mark it as Correct Answer, not for my personal interests but to make it possible for others to find a brief guide to solve their iOS issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very good and detailed answer Paul. I must add one thing though: The user MUST have the latest version of xCode and Application Loader (currently 3.7) for this to work.

I tried to upload with an earlier version and I kept seeing the above error message although I have done all the other steps correctly.

I hope that this will be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nikir4862973

You are right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I just foobar'd my mac or if I still don't have the latest application loader + xcode (though I did update it all).

I finally have a solution to use AIR30, I just got this "AppLoader" from Application Loader--Application Loader for Windows,Linux and Mac

It's totally been working and saves me the time to hop over to my mac--I'm on Windows now for100% of code-to-store (well, testflight at least).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, this AppLoader website has no name, no real address, no business

number....nothing..... and you give them your personal Apple log in

details?? I would not wonder if a Chinese hacker and cracker is behind this

website crawling a lot of sensitive information with it.

Best,

Henning

On 13 September 2018 at 21:47, phillipkerman <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For sure, it's concerning and I am still wary.   I've attempted to mitigate the known risks, but if anyone on this forum has found their bank accounts emptied I'd want to know.  The developer does appear to support the product and had to make some pretty convincing support documents for the whole thing to be a front.  Plus, I can say it definitely resolved the issue that I still have when I bring it over to macOS.  Having said all that, there are definitely major risks running any software like this and I don't want to vouch for any company. 

Anyone else use this product?  I'm less concerned about the $40 cost than the exposure of my apple id. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines