Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending an untagged document through an API call

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Our product is currently integrated with Adobe Sign through the API and this continues to work quite well. I have a question about the functionality when you send an untagged document (i.e. no text tags to anchor signatures) to Adobe Sign through the API. When I was working on this integration several years ago, the outcome of this was that the signatures would be defaulted to go on the final page of the document near the bottom. I was wondering if this is still outcome, or are there other options for resolving the position (e.g. the signer can drag their signature to the appropriate spot on the document)?

Thanks,

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Hi Tim,

To my knowledge, signers are not able to alter or change the position of Form Fields within Adobe Sign, as the document should be legally viable and therefore not editable after the point of sending. The recipient should only be able to fill in/tick/sign any fields assigned to them.

If you'd like for this feature to be added to Adobe Sign, you can put a request on the Adobe Sign Feature Request page

All documents where the recipient has a 'signer role' will automatically be populated w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

To my knowledge, signers are not able to alter or change the position of Form Fields within Adobe Sign, as the document should be legally viable and therefore not editable after the point of sending. The recipient should only be able to fill in/tick/sign any fields assigned to them.

If you'd like for this feature to be added to Adobe Sign, you can put a request on the Adobe Sign Feature Request page

All documents where the recipient has a 'signer role' will automatically be populated with a signature box on the last page, if there is no signature field tagged for the recipient. If you change the role from 'signer' to 'approver', this is no longer the case and no signature box will appear.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Marjan! That's what I thought and what my experience was previously, I was just looking for the confirmation that you provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines