Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How this flipping effect could be made?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I would like to simply ask you how in Ae this bending effect could be made.

MS_video_1 2018.06.27 - YouTube

I know about Bend Layers script, but this obviously was not made in it. Do you have any idea how to achieve such trick? (Other than using C4D.)

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Just bending a layer would not do it. You would need a third-party app like Freeform a pro.

You could also do it in C4D Lite, Or blender or any 3-D app. You would actually be easier to do that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the bending effect you are referring to?  Can you point us to the time?

I see moving shapes and that sort of thing which could be done probably multiple ways with animated masks or puppet tool, etc.

Just not exactly sure what you are referring to.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Eric,

Sorry for confusement, the link points to the time where the effect is used. It happens in 0:17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bending a layer would not do it. You would need a third-party app like Freeform a pro.

You could also do it in C4D Lite, Or blender or any 3-D app. You would actually be easier to do that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.  Happened so fast, I ended up restarting a couple times.

So, this too probably has more than one way to skin it.  Hard to tell if it is animated, like with masks or some other way.  There are multiple plugins I think that would handle this.  One I love is FreeForm Pro which could for sure do that bending.

And as the gentleman mentioned above, using Bend probably won't work.  I haven't used bend much in some time.

FreeFormPro - I was writing at the same time as Rick I suppose but I love this plugin.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you can make a 3d layer and then use bend. I'm not an expert but that's what i would try. Succes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys for your help. I will definitely try the FreeForm Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Couldn't that be done with the page turn effect?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines