• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to alter the install path for the CC app on macOS?

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my dilemma. I have a lot of data on my - you go it - case sensitive drive on my mac. I need to install my app on said drive because this is a laptop and has the only drive I use and feel like buying for my laptop that would accommodate all of my data, and suffice to say, I can't afford another $400-$800 drive. I also don't have enough space left to do a bootcamp partition. So, reformatting and reinstalling is a no no because it would take a exorbitantly long time and getting a new drive is just ridiculous to do for literally one program - all I need - all I pay for.

So, you can modify the install path for other CC apps using the main CC app, but you can't alter the install path for the main app. I can create a non-case-sensitive volume and even a partition, no problem - I have enough space for that. But the CC installer doesn't let you install to a different volume, so that's useless - and in my opinion, stupid.

Just to mention it, this is a development machine, so while I find it okay to be dangerous in work-arounds, I try to avoid anything that is a data-killer

Is there any workaround at all? Can I open an app bundle and change the install directory manually or would it void Adobe's signature and not let me install? Would Adobe throw a hissy-fit because their "engineers" couldn't figure out how to do it first? Is there a third-party tool? Am I just screwed out of my money (starting to get used to it with these big-name software devs)?

I mean, the actual page that states that it can't be installed on a case-sensitive volume states and I quote, "Install the product onto an HFS+ or HFSJ non-case-sensitive drive" like we actually have the option! It's infuriating. I mean, I have another machine that I use, but I'm rarely around it and need the app more than I'm around it.

I'll look on the bright side and say that at least this is a subscription and I don't have to pay $1K+ like I did for previous software with Adobe.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

no.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the no non-sense response.

I guess I'll just cancel my subscription then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry about the bad news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines