Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to initialize Photoshop because working disks are saturated

Participant ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

On MacOS Sierra, with 250GB SSD drive, with left around 4GB free, Photoshop CC 2018 warn me and doesn't start:

"Impossible to initialize Photoshop because working disks are saturated"

[French version: "impossible d'initialiser Photoshop car les disques de travail sont saturés"]

On same computer, with Photoshop CC 2015.3, same warning, but Photoshop launch and run.

Do I'll make more free space on my SSD drive? Then, why 2015.3 run and last 2018 doesn't?

Thanks for help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Here's one for the MAC

Disk Inventory X

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chre  wrote

250GB SSD drive, with left around 4GB free

Ouch! You have much bigger problems than Photoshop! You need to free up a lot of space fast. That computer may soon stop running altogether.

First off: anything that can be stored on an external drive - get it off your system drive ASAP. But that's only the beginning. Get some utility that can show you graphically what it is that fills up your disk. My guess is that most of it will be under your user account.

On Windows there is something called WinDirStat, which is excellent for the purpose. I'm sure there is something similar for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one for the MAC

Disk Inventory X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged Traynor​ and D Fosse

I'm looking for that next week (because it is not my computer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chre,

you are getting the "Scratch disk is full" error, because your HDD free space is low. Free up some space by deleting

unneeded files or - if possible - use an external HDD and tell Photoshop to use this drive instead. For this, hold down

CMD+OPTION when opening Photoshop.

Kind Regards,
Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Finally, I freeup 24GB on this SSD drive, then, when I launch Photoshop CC 2018, no error and no warning, Photoshop work well.

I'm using Disk Inventory X to identify which useless files I can delete, and I found old Office 2011 installation with 20GB unused files.

Thanks for help here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines