Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a jump menu in pdf

Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't know if I'm using the correct terms or not but I have a pdf document that has a figure at the end and several figure references throughout the text and I need to be able to link to the figure from each figure reference (which I know how to do) and then link back to wherever the user was when they jumped to the figure (which is the part I can't figure out).  Since there are multiple reference points in the text how can I set up a hyperlink from the figure to the reference point where the user last was when they jumped to the figure?

Any help would be most appreciated.  Thank you.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Set the Back button to execute this JavaScript code when clicked:

app.execMenuItem("GoBack");

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the Back button to execute this JavaScript code when clicked:

app.execMenuItem("GoBack");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply! 

I've never added javascript to a pdf before.  Can you give me some idea how to go about it?  I tried making a script with the code you shared but I'm getting a syntax error about a missing ( before formal parameters at line 2.  I have no idea how to fix it or attach it to the back button.  Any further help would be most appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should not happen if you copy and paste the code I provided without making any changes to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm not pasting into the right place.  I went to Document Scripts and created a new script and put your code between the curly braces and tried to save it and that's when I got the error.  I have no idea how to work with the javascripts tools in acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why Document Scripts? You want it to be associated with a button, don't you? Go to the button's Properties and put it under a MouseUp action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines