1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2008 5:05 PM by Newsgroup_User

Weird Distortion in Director MX

JDshow
      Hi all. Yes, I am still STUCK in Director MX.

I have an issue that may be elementary for some to fix. This issue is just driving me crazy. I hope it is obvious. I appreciate any who can help.

I am seeing a centered, vertical distortion through every sprite of every movie I create. It runs from the top of the page through to the bottom of the page. Anything that runs through this center point gets a doubling-up or skewed distortion. It looks to be about 2 pixels wide.

If a photo runs through that point, it looks like pixels get offset from each other, like skewed apart. If type goes through that point, it looks doubled-up... or split. For example, if a lowercase "L" goes through that point, it appears to be in double. Flat colors do not show the distortion. I am NOT working with sprites native to Director. I prefer to typeset in Photoshop and have my type live on imported PICT files. So all files placed are flat PICT files.

I work relatively simply – I only use simple wipes and fades.... nothing too complicated. The PICT files I place in to the movies are 150 DPI. I am working 1024x768. My bit depth is 32. I thought I might have a centered guide that caused the distortion. But I do not.

Has anyone seen this issue? I only see the distortion when viewing at 100%. If I zoom out, or in, I do not see it. And, of course, my projector is at 100% – so I see the distortion on every slide, every movie. My boss is ready to kill me!

Thanks to anyone that can help!
        • 1. Re: Weird Distortion in Director MX
          Level 7
          "JDshow" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> posted in
          macromedia.director.basics:

> I work relatively simply ? I only use simple wipes and fades....
          > nothing too complicated. The PICT files I place in to the movies are
          > 150 DPI.

There's the ticket. Director expects 72dpi images.

--
          Mark A. Boyd
          Keep-On-Learnin' :)