• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import photos

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased Lightroom 6. I use a Canon Rebel T6 to shoot images and all of them are in RAW format. I have tried to convert my photos to DNG in order to import them to Lightroom since it doesn't recognize my format, and I have tried to convert them through both Lightroom and Adobe's DNG converter, but neither will let me import them to even convert them. I have a MacBook Pro and my software for both my Mac and Lightroom are currently up to date, and save all my photos in the Photos app, instead of through Downloads. Is that the problem? I know my camera is compatible for Lightroom. How can I import my photos if I can't even convert them? I am new to both Lightroom and Mac and am very confused.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The Rebel T6 has been supported since Lightroom 6.5. The latest (and last version) is Lightroom 6.14 (six point fourteen).

Update to LR 6.14 (free download) and you can import your Raw photos with no conversion required.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Click the > Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 link and the 6.14 download link will be revealed.

and save all my photos in the Photos app, instead of through Downloads.

Eliminate the Photos app from your workflow. Store your Raw p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The Rebel T6 has been supported since Lightroom 6.5. The latest (and last version) is Lightroom 6.14 (six point fourteen).

Update to LR 6.14 (free download) and you can import your Raw photos with no conversion required.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Click the > Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 link and the 6.14 download link will be revealed.

and save all my photos in the Photos app, instead of through Downloads.

Eliminate the Photos app from your workflow. Store your Raw photos anywhere on your hard drive or an external hard drive and use Lightroom's catalog to manage them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines