• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes when closing/saving files + brush reverts to 1pt stroke?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Illustrator seems to crash everytime I try to save or close program? Ive uninstalled all adobe programs, cc and rebooted and reinstalled, still crashing? I have a Lenovo Idea Pad 320s

Also a slightly different problem - whenever i try to use brush tool on existing documents it reverts back to 1 pt and i cant change the brush, Ive made sure 'New Art Has Basic Appearance' is unchecked and still having same issue.

Any advice would be very welcome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check your access privileges, especially on Illustrator's preferences folder.

As for the 1 pt stroke and the brush: please be specific as to what you want to achieve.

Screenshots help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for speedy reply!

Sorry how do I do that? (check privileges)

The brush issue is basically - I want to draw 0.5pt path with brush and whenever i start drawing it reverts back to 1pt. Even if i choose any other pt size? Also same with brush type. I've not had this problem before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the brush tool you can only draw brush strokes. You can revert that later, but the brush tool will only draw with a brush stroke. If you do not want that, use the pencil tool.

As for checking privileges, please see the Windows documentation. I'm on Mac OS, so can't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks ill check online for how to change preferences. however i dont think its a privileges issue as im not getting the error message (as others do with this problem) Its just crashing and i have to force close the program

I do want to use brush i just wanted to be able to change the pt size , is this not something you can do before you use the tool? Im sure i have changed pt size before using the tool previously 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to create an appropriate brush using the brushes panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ah ok will try this thank you so much for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines