• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making my Website Mobile friendly?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created my website using dreamweaver Ultra Dev4 but I have recently been told that my website needs to be mobile friendly in order to get better rankings on google.

I had no idea that it wasn't already mobile friendly and I have no idea how to make it so.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. By the way, I am a complete novice when it comes to websites and I know very little about the Dreamweaver program. In fact, I am very surprised that I even managed to get my website online in the first place. Please make any answers as easy as possibble to understand especially for someone as thick as me when it comes to web design etc.

Also, if anyone can offer suggestions on how to optimise my website for search engines. This would also be very appreciated.

By the way, my website is: mkkarateuk.co.uk  just in case you needed to see what I mean.

Thank you

C. Lewis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

I  had to double check the date of this post to be sure I wasn't in a time machine.  UtraDev 4 is  ancient software from 2001.  Too much has changed on the web in 17 years.  It's fair to say, your site needs a rebuild to bring it up to modern web standards.  And UltraDev4 is not going to help you much with modern HTML5, CSS or JavaScript because it wasn't built to support current web technologies.

Suffice it to say, you need a modern code editor to help you build a modern, mobile-freindly, websit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 2 languages all web developers must learn with a knowledge of a 3rd language, namely

1. HTML to define the content of web pages
  2. CSS to specify the layout of web pages
  3. JavaScript Tutorial  to program the behavior of web pages

In other words, take the above mentioned lessons using Dreamweaver in Code view as you code editor.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  had to double check the date of this post to be sure I wasn't in a time machine.  UtraDev 4 is  ancient software from 2001.  Too much has changed on the web in 17 years.  It's fair to say, your site needs a rebuild to bring it up to modern web standards.  And UltraDev4 is not going to help you much with modern HTML5, CSS or JavaScript because it wasn't built to support current web technologies.

Suffice it to say, you need a modern code editor to help you build a modern, mobile-freindly, website.

You might want to download & install DW CC for a 7-day trial to see if you can work with it.    Be prepared.  DW has changed a lot too.  And some coding skills are essential.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Run your site through the Google Mobile Friendly Test.  View details to see exactly where your site is failing and why.

Mobile-Friendly Test - Google Search Console

It would also be a good idea to add SSL Certificates to your server to change your site's protocol from HTTP to HTTPS (secure).

Google Online Security Blog: A secure web is here to stay

When I test your site on Google. I'm seeing only one result.

site:www.mkkarateuk.co.uk

site:mkkarateuk.co.uk

However, when I test this URL, I'm seeing 81 results.  I assume this is your actual domain name and not the former?

site:www.northdorset-karate.co.uk

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines