• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6, Blackmagic mini monitor 4k card, reference monitor via SDI

Mentor ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya. It took me a whole day to install the drivers for the card - mini monitor 4k- (installed in PCI-x8 slot ) and get the card recognized by WIN 7 pro. Newest BM driver worked.. just had to keep clicking 'install' about 10 times. Got signal on reference monitor … Lilliput FA10113/S … field monitor ( 10.1" ). When making new project in CS6 I have several choices. The monitor is only good for full HD, like 24 fps which is what I shoot anyway.

I have a MSI graphics card in PCI X 16 slot, with Nvidia Cuda, and 2 monitors connected via DVI, and now the BM card.

When I set up a test project to get the ref monitor to work I chose Blackmagic playback and both monitors hooked up to graphics card.

Also chose Blackmagic preset ( full hd progressive 23.97 fps) and put some junk video in timeline to test signal.

I got signal, via SDI, and got sound ( chose BM sound preference ) but got black screen. My 2 monitors ...got basic GUI of cs6 on monitor 1 and got full screen playback on monitor 2.

Any insight to save me time going through finding solution ( get video to show on reference monitor via SDI ) would be appreciated.

Thanks !

: )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I finally got the nerve to get back into new BM card installation and start new project to test SDI to ref monitor. I had to unclick my 2 external monitor hooked up to nVidia graphics card( as playback monitors) and just select BM card. That worked. So I guess this thread is nothing important unless someone has specific info to help out. The image on ref monitor via SDI is REALLY contrasty compared to computer monitors. Huge difference.

Now I have to finesse things...figure out exactly what I'm getting to ref monitor, and make necessary adjustments etc. so that it's an accurate ( close anyway) representation.

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar setup:

Windows 10 Pro

Adobe CC 2018 12.1.1

Nvidia GTX 970

BM 4k mini monitor

Lilliput 15" 4k monitor connected via HDMI

It works flawlessly without any issues whatsoever.

The Lilliput monitor should already be fully calibrated so you'll need to calibrate your two computer monitors. And in order to get a correct calibration you'll need to purchase an xrite-display pro or a spyder 5. I also recommend the open source program DisplayCal for the actual calibration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm dumping the primary monitor of 2 HP things and replacing with Eizo (coming Thursday via Fed EX puppy delivery )

It's self calibrating supposedly, and I only need it for full HD. I'm not in your league of 4k stuff by a long shot.

The HP monitor is junky re: menus to adjust settings. Basically worthless now that I'm getting more serious about color etc.

Thanks for advice !!!

Also, good to know you like the reference monitor so I rest assured it's pretty close to what I want to compare my primary monitor to when I get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines