• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Label colors not preserved in Team Projects?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

It appears when I add labels (colors) to different clips on the timeline, Team Projects does not preserve them after I close out of the project. In other words, I'll go ahead and spent hours highlighting clips I find to be of use in my sequence, and then upon closing out of Premiere and re-opening the project, all of my labels/colors are gone.

Clip labels themselves do not appear to trigger the "share" option because they're personal properties, according to another thread I read here. But Premiere doesn't even preserve them for my own personal use when I reopen my projects.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround? Currently on CC 2018 12.1.1.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as of September 27, 2018 with version 12.1.2. Had the same problem with at least the last iteration of Premiere Pro.  I create custom label colors and defaults, and apply these defaults to clips within any of my team project sequences.  When I re-open Premiere, all the clips in said timelines reset to the first label color, effectively losing all my labeling work.  At least my label defaults within preferences is still preserved... but there's no point in me using these custom labels since Premiere just resets them every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have verified this issue and we're tracking it. I don't have a good idea when a fix will be available, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? This is a dealbreaker on team projects for my staff.  This problem has existed for way too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, we don't have a fix for the label color issue yet, and I can't predict when one will be available. The issue is still present in the upcoming CC release. As mentioned above, we are tracking it, and hopefully we'll be able to address it soon. I will make sure that management is aware of how important this workflow is to your team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please get this fixed in the next update! This is very problematic as most efficient team editing uses color labels! Just purchased this upgraded license for my team and I'm very upset that these color are not preserved! I can't stress the importance of making that a priority or subscriptions will be lost I promise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are evaluating a possible fix for the label color issue in Team Projects. I can't say for sure yet when will be available, but it's definitely in the works.

Thank you to everyone who posted here -- your feedback helped us understand how many customers have workflows that rely on clip label colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not agree more. We also had to go through the process of consolidating individual subscriptions into a team account in order to take advantage of the Team Projects feature. The fact that four months have gone by and this has yet to be addressed is concerning and my team has no choice but to look into alternative NLE solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to my labels too, but mine isn't a team project. I spent quite some time colour-coding certain clips for different purposes within my edit, and randomly certain clips started reverting back to their original colour in my edits. At first I thought I had made a mistake, but it's been happening even more frequently now. I didn't realise there was a bug, otherwise I would have tried a different approach in the interim, but I suppose I'm just grateful it is a known issue. PeterELee​​ could you also make sure that they fix this bug in general, and not just for team projects? I rely on the labels and I'm looking forward to this particular glitch being resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say that the Team Projects label color fix will probably not fix the issue you're seeing in standalone Premiere projects. I will make sure that the Premiere team hears about your issue, though, and that a bug report is filed if there isn't one already. Please PM me if you're willing to send us a sample prproj that you've seen this issue in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Peter. Oh dear, a new bug. Sorry for commenting here on this thread then - I had to search for quite a while to find others who had a similar issue. I'd really appreciate you bringing it to their attention too! I'd also be happy to send through a project file. Would Adobe still get all the info they need from it even though the footage isn't attached?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes, if there's anything unique about the project that might be causing the labeling issue you're seeing, it will almost certainly be related to the structure of the project file, not the media.

Have you noticed any pattern as to when the label colors go missing? Does it affect only certain types of clips? (multicam, merged clips, nested sequences, AE comps, for example). Do the labels go missing when you perform some type of edit, or when you close and re-open your project? If it were media related, I imagine you would see the label colors change when the media changed from pending to online, or after relinking, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We've been having the same issue here. It happens when you either close a re-open a team project, or you change something in AE that updates the timeline in premiere..we are using multicam sequences that have been brought into another sequence for timeline/cutting purposes and it happens in those timelines and also anywhere those multicam clips are being used...

So many bugs in this 2019 latest version, audio waveforms flickering/being lost on the timeline issue too, but won't get into that on this post....SO frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing this issue when closing and re-opening a team project. The custom color coding in all sequences reverts to the default color setting for each type of media. The clips can be anything from standalone audio to video and graphics. I've also noticed that when I change the label color of a clip in a bin and then cut it into a sequence, the color is not preserved. It shows up in my sequence with the default colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sadly that is a bug for Team Projects in Premiere Pro. As mentioned above, we have a fix for the bug in-house that will be in the forthcoming Premiere Pro release, due shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fix for loss of label colors in Team Projects will be in the next Premiere Pro bug fix release, coming soon. I'm very sorry for all the frustration the issue has caused. A less frequent issue with missing color labels in standalone Premiere projects was also mentioned in this thread. I can't say for sure whether that has been fixed, since we have not yet been able to reproduce it in house.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, it looks like the version of Premiere that contains the Team Projects label color fix has gone live. Are you still seeing label color issues in Premiere Pro 13.0.2, with labels applied using that version? If so, please let us know. The issue I was referring to is known to occur in Premiere Pro 13.0.1 and earlier. Version 13.0.2 was released a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having issues with team projects not saving my labels on the media in my sequences. After I close the project, then re open it, the labels are changed back to the defaults. Time WASTED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sorry you’re still having an issue with label colors not sticking.

I would like to reproduce the problem in-house. Please DM with any information that would help to re-create the issue on my machine.

- What Version/platform are you using

- Can you provide a sample project/files or video capture of the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue whenever I am working with Multicam Sequence. I usually highlight the clips with the Label color that are important. But soon after the label color gets disappear. I see no solution even after I undo some stuff hoping if I personally hit something wrong. But I found out it is a bug after I'm getting this more often. 

#1 solution I've got that you can retrieve the color back.

If you open the previous Auto-saved files you can still see the labeled color are there in the designated clips that you have selected. But, it complicated, it's not the fix but it works.

Let me know if anybody has tried this.

But you guys still need to fix this issue, please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suzanc71855958,

I am sorry that you are having an issue with label colors.  I just looked at this and it appears to be working fine in the multicam sequence.  Could you please let us know which version of premiere pro you are using by going into your help // about premiere pro (win) or premiere pro // adobe premiere pro(mac)?

-Nathan  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, more than three years later but in After Effects. No idea if in Premiere is fixed but in AE it isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working in a Team Projects situation?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am currently having this issue in Premier Pro. I will spend hours going through clips and labeling them with different colors only for it to no preserve my edits when I reopen the project later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an insight: I just updated Premiere and AE to version 23.0.0 and the Label sharing problem persists. Labels/colors assigned to clips by one user/machine are invisible to other users/machines in both Team Projects and Premiere Productions.

It's almost as if Label metadata is stored at the user level and not the project level, so this architecture would need to change in order for different users to be able to "collaborate" Labels with other users in a Team Project or Premiere Production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines