• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

R3D footage doesn't show up in one instance of AE2017, but is in another.

Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some 5k R3D footage that shows up fine in a version of AE 2017 on my desktop (I'm using 2017 because 2018 crashes like that's its job). However, I moved my project to my brand new laptop and the footage doesn't show up in 2017. It does in 2018, but I can't be crashing all day.

There are some differences between the laptop and the desktop. The desktop has Win7, 128GB RAM, Titan Pacal. The laptop has Win10, 64GB RAM, Quadro P4000. But I wouldn't think these specs would make much of a difference. I'm pulling the footage off an external Thunderbolt drive (there are 5TB of files). All patches, drivers are current. I'm not sure what could cause this.

It seems like a codec issue. But I don't know that there is a way to update R3D codecs for AE, is there? I'd even be up for some janky solution like copying dll's from 2018 to 2017.

Thanks for any help. My google-fu isn't getting me there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Little Fat Girl,

Is your GPU detected in Project Settings? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines